SETA Learnerships. Best Contacts List for Free Training. Visit these SETA websites to identify education and training for the career you’re interested in. Never had a chance to study? Learnerships are for unemployed and employed candidates.
SETA Learnerships and Accredited Training Providers
SETAs implement skills development programmes to train the unemployed and employed.
Skills Development Providers (SDP) Learnerships
All SETAs offer SDP learnerships in their respective industries. SETAs identify where the training needs are and fund learnerships to increase skills amongst the employed and unemployed.
SDP Learnerships: Scarce and Critical Skills
Skills development programmes usually address shortages in industry.
SETA Learnerships: Free Training for the Unemployed
Free training, open competition! Get it? Sure, look for free training but to land it, you will have to be exceptional. There’s no doubt you can be that!
The unemployed can receive free training that results in an industry-recognized qualification and they receive a stipend for the duration of the learnership. While on the Learnership, learners will be employed at a company and must meet on-the-job expectations.
- 2023 Apply! SETA Learnerships: How to Register Online Now
- Dept of Labour Employment Public Employment Services Now
At the end of your learnership, if you have impressed the company that offered it, you could become employed by them. If not, you can use your qualifications to find a job at another company. Don’t let rejection make you weak or nasty, just let it slide.
What do 18.1 and 18.2 SETA learnerships represent?
A learner who is currently employed by the employer is termed an 18.1 Learner, and a learner who is currently unemployed, is termed an 18.2 Learner.
18.1 Find SETA Learnerships if you are Employed
- You will continue to work while building your portfolio of evidence according to the qualification requirements.
- You are not paid a stipend and will continue to earn a salary.
- Once you have completed the learnership you should negotiate for a raise.
18.2 Find Learnerships if you are Unemployed
- Earn a stipend, sadly it is much lower than a salary (but hang in there)
- Obtain a qualification at the end of the learnership
- You are considered an employee for the duration of your learnership and will sign an employment contract.
New Learnership Qualifications From SETAs and the QCTO
Check out this list of currently registered learnerships. There is a pipeline of new qualifications being developed so there’s a lot of stuff to keep up to date with!
Here are lists of new occupation certificates registered at the following levels:
- NQF. Level 1 and 2 for those with little or no high school and limited if any work experience
- NQF Level 3 qualifications for those with some high school and little or no work experience.
- Amazing NQF Level 4 qualifications for Matriculants or experienced workers.
- NQF Level 5 qualifications for Managers
- NQF Level 6 qualifications for Professionals
We are adding more updates so follow #KeepClimbing for the latest
Which SETA should you contact about learnerships?
Learnership Research Tips for Unemployed Applicants
- It would be best to decide which industry you want to work in or which job position you wish to have. You may have the answer to both, which is great! For example, business administration is required in every industry but a land surveyor is not. Plan your career using this advice.
- Look for the SETAs that represent the industries you want to work in. Different SETAs have different qualifications and job opportunities. Look at what ETDPSETA is planning due to hard-to-fill vacancies, and now check what other SETAs are plotting! 😉
Matching the Job to a Learnership Qualification
- If you want a job that exists in all industries, then you are looking for a qualification that has transferable skills. Sometimes these skills are also referred to as generic. Many of these qualifications are managed by the Services SETA. Review their qualifications, and see if anything appeals to you. Nothing? then:
- Visit each SETA website and review their qualifications until you have a list of 3 – 5 that you want to do. You must know which qualifications you are interested in if you want someone to help you.
Unemployed Youth Contacting a SETA about Learnerships
People often contact a SETA without really knowing what to ask. Try following these tips if you are unemployed and looking for a Learnership
It’s best to first thoroughly research the SETA websites as many offer career guidance services, such as HWSETA, for their sector. If you don’t find anything, call or email the relevant SETA and ask the following:
- Please put me through to your Learnership department. Once there, ask:
- Hi, who am I speaking to please? Write their name down. Then say, ‘Thank you‘ and give them your name, age and reason for calling.
- Ask: Do you have any 18.2 learnerships available and can you tell me who the training provider is, please? If they don’t know, ask:
- How can I register for 18.2 Learnerships in your sector?
If the SETA can’t connect you directly to a training opportunity, your best option may be to register as an unemployed youth with the Department of Labour. Take these easy steps. Youth can also try these SETA training contacts to see if they can reach someone specific.
Here’s the Comprehensive List of SETA Head Offices with Full Contact Details
Research SETA Learnerships
Use this contact information to find out more about learnerships. We’ve listed the SETAs in alphabetical order. Good luck, and don’t let anything stand in your way!!!
Check These Websites for SETA Learnerships
Agricultural Sector Education Training Authority SETA
- Physical Address: AgriSETA House 529 Belvedere Road Arcadia 0083
- Postal Address: P O Box 26024 Arcadia 0007
- Telephone: + 27 12 301 5600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.agriseta.co.za
- Physical Address: Thornhill Office Park, Block 22, 94 Bekker Road, Midrand 1685
- Postal Address: P O Box 11678 Vorna Valley 1685
- Postal Address: P O Box 1955 Halfway House 1685
- Telephone: +27 11 805 9661
- Website: www.bankseta.org.za
BANK SETA Learnerships
Construction Education and Training Authority SETA
- Physical Address: 1st Floor, Building No.5 Midrand Business Park, Old Pretoria Road, Midrand 1685
- Postal Address: P O Box 1955, Halfway House 1685
- Telephone: +27 11 265 5900
- Website: www.ceta.org.za
Construction SETA Learnerships and Apprenticeships
Chemical Industries SETA
- Physical Address: 2 Clamart Road Richmond Johannesburg 2292
- Postal Address: P O Box 961 Auckland Park 2006
- Telephone: +27 11 726 4026
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.chieta.org.za
- Useful List of Chemical Industry Qualifications and Learnerships
- The Top 13 Most Popular Chemical Industry Trades
Culture Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sports SETA
- Physical Address: 3rd Floor, Block E Sandhurst Office Park Crn Rivonia Road & Katherine Street 2146
- Postal Address: P O Box 1329 Rivonia 2128
- Telephone: +27 11 217 0600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.cathsseta.org.za
- CATHSSETA Scarce Skills in Arts Culture Tourism Hospitality Sports
Energy and WaterSETA
- Physical Address: MPF House 2nd & 3rd Floors 32 Princess of Wales Terrace Parktown Johannesburg South Africa
- Postal Address: P O Box 5983 Johannesburg 2000 South Africa
- Telephone: +27 11 689 5300
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.eseta.org.za
Education Training and Development Practices SETA
- Physical Address: 12th Floor Durban Bay House 333 Smith Street Durban
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 9070 East London 5200
- Telephone: +27 31 304-5930
- Website: www.etdpseta.org.za
ETDP SETA Learnerships for ECD
Financial and Accounting Services SETA
- Physical Address: Building 3 Ground Floor 299 Pendoring Road Blackheath Randburg
- Postal Address: P O Box 6801 Cresta 2118 Gauteng
- Telephone: +27 11 476 8570
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.fasset.org.za
Fibre, Processing & Manufacturing SETA
- Physical Address: Tuscany Office Park Building 2 Coombe Place Rivonia 2128
- Postal Address: P O Box 2128 Rivonia 2128 South Africa
- Telephone: +27 11 234 2311
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.fpmseta.org.za
Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry SETA
- Physical Address: 13 Autumn Street Rivonia 2128
- Postal Address: P O Box 245 Gallo Manor 2052 South Africa
- Telephone: +27 11 253 7300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.foodbev.co.za
Health and Welfare SETA
- Physical Address: 17 Bradford Road Bedfordview
- Postal Address: Private Bag X15 Bradford Corner Gardenview 2047
- Telephone: +27 11 607 6900
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.hwseta.org.za
- Physical Address: Oakhurst, North Wing Ground Floor 11 St. Andrews Road Parktown 2193 Johannesburg
- Postal Address: P O Box 32035 Braamfontein 2017 Johannesburg
- Telephone: +27 11 544 2000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.inseta.org.za
Local Government SETA
- Physical Address: 4/6 Corporate Park Building 4th Floor Skeem Boulevard Bedfordview 2007
- Postal Address: P O Box 1964 Bedfordview 2008
- Telephone:+27 11 456 8579
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.lgseta.org.za
- How to Apply for Government Jobs: Salary Levels + Form Z83
- Careers: Scarce Skills in the Local Government Sector
Media, Advertising, Information and Communication Technologies SETA
- Physical Address: Block 2, Level 3 West Gallagher Estate 19 Richards Drive Halfway House Midrand 1685
- Postal Address: P O Box 5585 Halfway House 1685
- Telephone:+27 11 207 2600
- Website: www.mict.org.za
- How to Become an ICT Systems Analyst
- List Of Fantastic MICTSETA Qualifications
Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services SETA
- Physical Address: merSETA House 95 7th Avenue Crn Rustenburg Road Melville Johannesburg
- Telephone: +27 10 219 3000
- Website: www.merseta.org.za
- How To Answer Engineering Learnership Interview Questions
Mining Qualifications Authority SETA Learnerships and Apprenticeships
- Physical Address: 4th Floor Union Corporation Building 74-78 Marshall Street Marshalltown Johannesburg
- Postal Address: Private Bag X118 Marshall Town 2107
- Telephone: +27 11 630 3500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.mqa.org.za
Public Service SETA Learnerships
- Physical Address: 420 Festival Road Hatfield Pretoria
- Postal Address: Private Bag X916 Pretoria 0001
- Telephone: Tel: +27 12 423 5700
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pseta.org.za
- Public Services Training Providers Lists Now
- Public Service Learnerships Now: PSETA
Safety and Security SETA Learnerships
- Physical Address: 3rd Level Gallagher House Richards Drive Gallagher Estate Midrand 1685
- Postal Address: P O Box 7612 Halfway House 1685
- Telephone: 086 110 2477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sasseta.org.za
- QCTO Qualifications: Law, Military Science & Security Now
Services SETA Learnerships Cross Many Diverse Fields
- Physical Address: Ristone Office Block South 15 Sherborne Road Parktown
- Postal Address: P O Box 3322 Houghton 2041
- Telephone: +27 11 276 9600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.serviceseta.org.za
- New Qualifications List for Services Sectors
- Physical Address: 2nd Floor, Sonsono Building 344 Pretorius Avenue Randburg 2125
- Postal Address: Private Bag X10016 Randburg 2125
- Telephone: +27 11 781 1280 / 0197
- Website: www.teta.org.za
- Exciting List of Transport Qualifications
Wholesale and Retail SETA
- Physical Address: Regional Office Ground floor, Block B 1267 Pretorius Street Hatfield Office Park Hatfield Pretoria
- Postal Address: P O Box 14780 Hatfield 0028
- Telephone: +27 12 430 4930
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.wrseta.org.za
- How The Wholesale Retail SETA Violates Fair
- Retail Jobs: The Best Cover Letter and CV Keywords