If you want to enter the Wholesale and Retail sector but don’t know much about the qualifications, check out the following list taken from the WRSETA website (here). When you do the research, go to the site and the ‘Click Here’ will be active. You can then look at the full qualification document.
To Land a Learnership:
- Draw up a list of 3-5 qualifications you think you may be interested in.
- Research each qualification by checking the entry criteria and purpose of the qualification. Do you meet the entry criteria? Continue, if not, remove it from your list.
- If you meet the criteria, is it what you want to do? Continue, if not, find something else, no harm done!
- You meet the criteria and you want to do it? Awesome, keep that qualification on your list.
- Now do the same and find at least two more qualifications to add to your list.
- Contact the WR SETA and ask if they are offering learnerships for the qualifications you have chosen.
- If no, ask them who the service providers are and take down the name and contact details of the company. Beg them, cry if you need to….but get a company name.
- You can also ask them who they would recommend you contact to apply for funded learnerships.