Wed, Oct 20, 2021

Learnership applicants do not pay for anything. There is no administration or registration fee and no payment must be made to recruiters.

Only complete forms on SETA, Government Department and trustworthy business websites.

There are people who set up fake learnership links just to be able to get information from you.

Learnerships are government endorsed training programs that link the SETA, Training provider, Employer and Learner in a contractual relationship. Sometimes the Training Provider and Employer are the same organisation.

Either way, a learnership and apprenticeship is an opportunity to learn and earn.

What is a Learnership?

A learnership is a structured learning program, just like a qualification you could do at a university or college. It includes a process for gaining theoretical knowledge and practical skills in a workplace. The qualification you receive is registered on the NQF and recognised nationally.

Learners participating in a learnership have to attend classes at a college or training centre to complete classroom-based learning. They also have to complete on-the-job training in a workplace. The workplace experience must be relevant to the qualification.  These learners have the same rights as a permanent or full-time employees but without the benefits.

What the Department of Labor Advises About Learnership Applications

6 Steps: How To Join a Learnership if you are Unemployed

The following advice has been extracted from the Department of Labour website.

Unemployed people must register as work-seekers. They must also look for employers and prepare a CV.

Many people don’t know this information!

[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”Free this information! Please share!” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”0″ link=”” /]

If unemployed people want to join a learnership they must take the following steps:

Step 1: Decide what skills you want

Think about the kind of training and job you are looking for. E.g. if you like the outdoors, do not apply for office jobs.
See this list of the SETAs for learnerships.
Different SETAs represent different industries. For example, the MICT SETA funds learnerships for IT and Media. The Services SETA funds hairdressing, management, business administration and many more.

Step 2: Register as work-seeker

Unemployed people must register as work-seekers at their nearest labour centre. This will help employers to find them if they want to start a learnership.

Register As A Work-Seeker

The following links will take you to Labor Centre contact details for each province:

Step 3: Find employers that offer learnerships

Contact SETAs to find out which employers offer learnerships. Ask friends and family to look out for openings and watch adverts in newspapers.

For a list of SETA websites go here.

Step 4: Draw up a CV

Draw up a CV that gives –
  • personal details; (name, date of birth, etc.)
  • education; (school attended and qualifications)
  • work experience; (names of earlier employers and what you did)
  • other skills; and (driver’s license, computer skills, etc.)
  • referees. (names and contact details of people who know you well)
Think of the kind of questions you may be asked. Practice with a friend.

Click for advice on how to write cover letters

Step 6: Keep your details updated

Keep in contact with your labor centre and update your details when they change.

All links listed have been checked by Keep Climbing.

Please share and join our community by following us! 🙂

HOT LIST SETA Contacts for Learnerships Internships and Apprenticeships

LEARN HOW TO NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY!

Negotiating A Salary? #TalkPay

Researching Salary Trends Before Job Interviews #TalkPay

Tags: , , ,

Jill Schlachter Oct 29, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Leonie – much appreciated.

Leonie Hall Oct 29, 2015 at 12:55 pm

A complete pleasure!

phumolo jodwana Jan 20, 2016 at 12:34 am

Hello sir or Madam,i would like to knw that on your learnership program,what certificate do a learner got after a learnership? I’m asking this question only just because i’m interested in electrical because I like it and wana have a trade test @ the end,,i went to the college and having N2,N3,N4 & N5..thanks

Gwegwe Zodwa Feb 10, 2016 at 2:37 pm

hi I’m a lady of 26 years I am from Eastern cape (Mount Frere). I’m desperate I’ve completed my HR N6 but I can’t find an in service training. please help me.

Leonie Hall Feb 10, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Please contact your college and explain. They must try to assist you or you should report them to the DHET for not being able to offer a full service. Best wishes!

Laster May 7, 2017 at 8:47 pm

Am interested

hlengiwe sanelisiwe ncwane Mar 10, 2016 at 8:12 pm

ineed a learnership which may start on january 2017 in kzn for level four tourism student.

hlengiwe sanelisiwe ncwane Mar 10, 2016 at 8:18 pm

hi looking for alearnership that will will be based in kzn as i’m doing level4 at coastal tvet college umbumbulu campus.

Nosipho Masuku Mar 19, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I’m a young South African lady of 21 years,I complete my metric in 2012 and I passed with diploma,all this years I’m looking for school to study but I don’t get help I am staying at home,all I need now is a learnership for education training development practice, health and welfare,public service or transport,by getting the learnership on one of the departments I’ve mentioned above will open the doors of my life,I am available at any time if there are some spaces.PLZ HELP

Khutjo Maredi Apr 28, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Good evening. I’m ambitious boy, looking for learnership in in field of civil engineering

ntombizonke ketwa Apr 28, 2016 at 8:58 pm

im student at college im doing N5 but im looking for service training but idid’nt find it. As a SETA can help me plz

Ntombikayise Skosana May 21, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Hi I am looking for learneship in IT industry around Pretoria I am 24 years, i have grade 12 and level 3 End User Computing certificate. I still want to learn more about IT and have more skills knowledge about IT plz help

nosipho May 26, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Hi ntombi am looking for learnership in hiv and aids counseling from cape town.Am 37 years old finished my matric 1997 please help

zandile May 27, 2016 at 8:40 am

Hi am Zandile looking for a learnership in business management from mthatha. Am 23 years old and i did wholesale and retail operations , i also passed matric in 2011

johnson Jun 2, 2016 at 6:13 pm

hello my name is johnson. I have this knowledge of fixing computer and phone and I have only matric certificate, so I need learnship .

Leonie Hall Jun 2, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Hi Johnson! You sound smart. Keep visiting our site and rad our posts filled with all the advice you need. Achieving your life goals requires effort and passion. Work your ass off looking for opportunities and apply yourself. There is no easy fix.

Joyce Feb 1, 2017 at 8:15 am

hi..im a 34yr old unemployed looking for learnership office job…around johannesburg sedibeng…passed matric 2004 i have a project management certificate.

boipelo Mar 16, 2017 at 9:22 am

I’m boipelo from krugersdorp I have level 4 in ECD n want to further it with level 5 I need yr help

Leonie Hall Apr 13, 2017 at 7:54 am

Hi Boipelo
    You need to keep looking for opportunity. Read our articles on finding and applying for programmes.

Avelile Mar 30, 2017 at 3:20 pm

greetings I have completed matric, without any skills required in the workplace. so I am asking for an opportunity to get a Learnership.

Ginno chiloane Apr 12, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Hello its ginno,Im currently doin N5 in Marketing management at a college completing my N6 in November this year,so could like to know if there will be en available Learnership relating to my field next year?

Rose Apr 18, 2017 at 2:25 pm

dear sir /madam
I’m a young lady of 20 years….I have N1 to N5 in electrical engineering…I really like this field of engineering and I I would like to see myself growing in it but the only way towards my dream is you SETA…..pls help me reach this dream of becoming an artisan….I promise I will never disappoint you in any how…..I hope and believe that if is there any how that you can help…..you will let me know…..With respect I will be waiting for your respond….I thank you

koketjo May 4, 2017 at 3:12 pm

hello,I am Koketjo from Gauteng Germistan.am looking for leanership to complete my career.i have completed technical matric and N4 in Electrical Engineering busy with N5.I really need a help please.0799549278 or mataks.kj@gmail.com

Vuyisa May 9, 2017 at 11:01 am

hello my name is Vuyisa a 23 year old lady who completed matric in 2015 than in 2016 I did a NQF level 3 in Retail and wholesale learnerships for 12 months but I struggle to find work …what can I do in this situation

Yoliswa Njomane May 29, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Good day sir or madam. 29 MAY 2017 My name is Yoliswa Njomane , a female of 44 years and presenty working as a facilitator and i passed my grade 12 with result which are not good and i continued studying at college of Cape Town and done ECD level 1 and 4 ,please help me with your learnership studies and give me some tips where do i go for bridging coarse to meet university requirement for my further studies for any reference please contact Andrea Milwidsky ,the principal of Kerem primay on 021 7153014 .Please ,i will be very greatful of your support and my cell number is 0792247792 thank you.

Kgadi Disky Matsheletja Jun 6, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Hi my name is Disky living in Gauteng,I passes my matric in 1994with exemption, and have no funds to further my studies so I’m here looking for a learnership for social work I’m a hardworking Lady aged 42 and dedicate to work harder and under any circumstances. Wish my request for learnership be considered favourably

Leonie Hall Jun 20, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hi Disky, please click on GET QUALIFIED on our website to find lots of information and sites that advertise learnerships. Best wishes, Leo

omphile Jul 22, 2017 at 4:46 pm

hy im from free state and i have passed my grade12.i looking for a learnership around free state please call me

Leonie Hall Jul 27, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Hi Omphile
    Please read our posts on how to find and apply for learnerships. If you want something you gotta go out and get it yourself. Read the posts and ask questions if you need more help.
    All the best
    Leo

phumele Aug 7, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Hi I’m am ex student from amajuba college I completed my n6 for managent assistant last year December I got a place for my inservice training I now hopping to get a stipend i submitted my documents on amajuba central office but no luck

Vezi Biyela Aug 19, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Our Co-operative is looking for young people with Tertiary Diploma from Technikon/TVET who can be given training in the following areas:
1. Events Management (one person)
2. Office Administration (one person)

samuel Oct 18, 2017 at 5:06 pm

im Samuel from witbank and im looking for a internship in business management diploma

GEORGE Oct 30, 2017 at 10:38 am

I’m looking for business management study or training course,my business is registered.

Khanyisile Sibisi Nov 18, 2017 at 8:06 pm

I’m currently doing inservice training in Human Resource Management at SAPS this is my third month without stipend please help.i submitted my documents at Mnambithi College but no respond

Lynn Cupido Jan 9, 2018 at 1:29 am

I am a young energetic , eager to learn woman looking to better myself academically in the administration or teaching field. Please advice me if any possible position for a learnership is available in the Cape Town western cape area please.
Kind Regards
Lynn Cupido

Leonie Hall Jan 9, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Hi Lynn
    A range of opportunities are offered everywhere. It’s important you search through the networks to identify suitable opportunities. You also need to conduct a background check on the training provider to check their accreditation is in order. Corruption and exploitation is rife so you must carefully scrutinize each opportunity.
    When we find great opportunities for you we publish them here on the blog. Please follow Keep Climbing for updates and to join the family.
    All the best!
    Leo

NKANYISO Jan 10, 2018 at 12:51 pm

MY NAME IS NKANYISO SOTHIYA I WAS IN VOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN 2014.EITHER WAY MY AIMS IN LIFE HAVE GROWN THAT TIME I STII HAVE A DEDICATED EYE TOWRADS A LIFE. I THERE STII LOOK FORWARDS TO SUCCESS AND HARD WORKING.LIFE HAS BEING OPPRESEED IN THESE DAYS BUT I STII LOSE THT A VERSION .IN 2013 I WAS ABLE TO QUALIFY FOR GRADE 12 AND IAM STII LOOKINGM FORWARD TO STUDY AND THER FORE I HOPE I HAVE NT WASTED YR TIME BUT I PLEASES OFFERS ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY AND BY THSE WORD I SAY IAM IN IN- DEPENDED. I SAYN I WOULD BE SO GLADE FOR ACCEPTANCE IN STUDY TO MAKE CEERER COME TRUE

Leonie Hall Jan 10, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Hi Nkanyiso
    Thanks for your comment! Sorry to hear about your accident but very glad to hear you are focused on taking charge of your life. Read our articles so you understand your rights. We also post cover letters that you can copy and use to help you apply for opportunities. Use our articles on learnerships to find out how to find and register for them.
    On this site we provide advice and when we find good opportunities we promote them.
    Best wishes ahead!
    Leo

Kgomotso Jan 13, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I am Kgomotso Coetzee from Kimberley. I would like to enroll in an ECD practioner course this a stipend please inform me in what to do or where to go.

Nthabiseng Tlou Jan 18, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Hi my name is Nthabiseng Tlou i am looking for learnership of supply chain or any learnership.

Simo mzelemu Jan 29, 2018 at 1:45 pm

How get help please.When last date.TTourism must take being drop out School money.

Simo mzelemu Jan 29, 2018 at 1:50 pm

where office DURBAN.WHEN LAST DATE?

Leonie Hall Jan 31, 2018 at 8:14 am

Hi Simo! Register at the Department of Labour, go to them or do it online by following the links in this post.
    Good luck!
    Leonie

Johannes morubisi Feb 21, 2018 at 9:34 am

Your comment goes here. Hi my name is johannes im looking for a learnership around free states for plumbing or any learnership based on constractions

Philane Feb 23, 2018 at 2:08 pm

We are doing inservice training without getting any stipends. How can we apply for seta we also need money to cover travelling cost.. HELP US!!!

Leonie Hall Mar 6, 2018 at 7:32 am

Did you agree to work for no pay?

Philane Feb 23, 2018 at 2:10 pm

We are doing inservice training without getting any stipends. How can we apply for seta we also need money to cover travelling cost and rental accommodation.

NKOKO RAKOENA CLIVE Mar 1, 2018 at 7:24 am

I have got work place at Capricorn District Municipality and i need money/ stipend for accommodation and foods please. I am living with disability i need funding seriously.

Leonie Hall Mar 6, 2018 at 7:07 am

Please speak to the organisation you applied to.

HAPPY KHOZA Mar 1, 2018 at 6:23 pm

HY HAPPINESS KHOZA FROM RICHARDS BAY KZN . I’M LOOKING FOR PHARMACY ASSISTANT LEARNASHIP OR A PHARMACY CAN HELP ME TO PURSUE MY STUDIES OF BASIC PHARMACY ASSISTANT . PLEASE HELP MY CONTACT NO: +2772 653 4515 . EMAIL. lwaziemayise@gmail.com

ntombifuthi Mar 2, 2018 at 12:31 pm

hy iam ntombi from mpumalanga looking for a Learnership ….marketing ..nursing and others

Leonie Hall Mar 6, 2018 at 7:09 am

Good luck Ntombi! I think you should decide on what you want to do or no one will take you seriously.

simona Mar 7, 2018 at 9:18 am

I need assistant for stipends .my number is 0651035124

Leonie Hall Mar 8, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Hi Simona
    Please explain your problem, unfortunately I don’t make calls.

Pretty Mar 7, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Hi my name is pretty,im currently doing an inservice training in a high school for financial management how do i go about applying for a stipend?

Leonie Hall Mar 8, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Please speak to your employer as a stipend is paid by them.

NKOKO RAKOENA CLIVE Mar 7, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Speak for what?

Leonie Hall Mar 8, 2018 at 1:34 pm

You need to speak to your employer about the stipend.

NKOKO RAKOENA CLIVE Mar 8, 2018 at 6:51 am

Can i talk to organisation and which organisation because i want to do Learnership.

NKOKO RAKOENA CLIVE Mar 8, 2018 at 8:16 am

Can i have your contact number please?

fikile Mar 15, 2018 at 10:12 pm

Hi am fikile Ngcobo a 22 yr old female jst completed my N6 in tourism at FET from PMB I really need help with any learnshipe available please contact me at 0810263723 .

seainyana Mar 16, 2018 at 4:59 pm

Your comment goes here.
Am sesinyana muedi I have matric. I compete my public management management N4-N6.so am looking for internship or leanership because it is compulsory to do practicals so that I can obtain my public management dibloma

Leonie Hall Mar 18, 2018 at 8:46 am

Hi Sesinyana
    Let me know if the Department of Labour gets back to you. If you didn’t use the information in the article and register with them then no one will be able to assist you.

sebongile Apr 17, 2018 at 10:38 am

Your comment goes here.hello my name is sebongile.I really need yr help. I being trying to apply for bursaries and learnership but nothing or scam I did registered with department of labour at north west pitch and free state welkom but still nothing.for available learnership plz information on seseoanae@gmail.com

Mzekelo Apr 23, 2018 at 7:17 pm

Hi sir/madam.
I am looking construction learnership to grow my business.
Thank you.

Mzekelo Apr 24, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Where is space for my contact number

Leonie Hall Apr 24, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Hi Mzekelo! Unfortunately this is an information blog so we don’t take calls or make them. Please write your question and we’ll respond here k!
    Leonie

zandile May 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm

hi I’m looking for any learneship,I’ve been searching no luck please help.I live in Johannesburg Soweto.any learneship please
I only have matric.

Isaac Manful Jun 12, 2018 at 10:46 am

I am Isaac Manful . I have completed National Certificate Information Technology and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expect.
I am looking for employment
, internship or leanership.

Isaac Manful Jun 12, 2018 at 10:48 am

I am Isaac Manful . I have completed National Certificate Information Technology and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expect at IT certification academy.
I am looking for employment
, internship or leanership.

vincent sakhi mdlolo Jun 12, 2018 at 8:49 pm

i m Vincent sakhi i was working at road marc surfacing constraction my contract was ended by 10 March this year im unemployed im looking for a job i have matric with maths and science i like to be an artisan if i can get a leanership to change my life and became better thank you.

Reneilwe Jul 24, 2018 at 9:31 pm

I’m Reneilwe just just recently finished Management Assistant N6 Certificate I’m looking for employment internship or Learnership. Thank you

Ncedisa Zinyane Aug 8, 2018 at 8:26 am

I am Ncedisa Zinyane i just completed N6 in Human Resource Management im looking for in-service training, Im from Mt Frere Eastern Cape

Tokelo khoele Aug 23, 2018 at 1:17 am

I am Tokelo khoele,I have N6 in electrical engineering so now I’m looking for in-service training.I’m in cape Town now but originally from matatiele.

MERRIC Sep 25, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Merric Finlly Onverwacht
I’M YOUNG, VIBRANT AND A VISIONARY WITH REGARD TO POSITIVE CHANGE FOR OUR YOUTH. WITH CHALLENGES THAT THEY ARE FACED WITH SOCIAL ILLS, I SEE MYSELF AS A CHANGE AGENT IN BRINGING ABOUT HOPE AND GROWTH IN THEIR LIFES. MY PASSION IS TO WORK WITH THE YOUTH, WHERE I CAN ASSIST AND FACILITATE SELF MASTERY TO THEM, AS THIS HAPPENS TO BE A MAJOR WEAKNESS IN ADDRESSING THE NECESSARY CHANGES NEEDED.
PERSONAL DETAILS
Full Names and Surname: Merric Finlly Onverwacht
Email address onverwachtm33@gmail.com/ merricfonverwacht@gmail.com
Language Proficiency: English, Afrikaans
Driver’s License Code 08+PDP
EDUCATION
Matrick
Afrikaans.English.Bible Studies. S.A Law.Crimonology.Ecos
TERTIARY:
Institution: Team Impact University (In progress)
Bachelors degree: Counseling and Ministry
Institution: Hope school of counseling (2011-2012) obtained
Diploma
Major Subject Domestic violence, Abuse Counseling Techniques, Victim empowerment. Crisis Intervention
Object
Dealing with social issues like Rape, Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, and Drug Counseling. Treating each client as the most important person in the world.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING
President’s Award Leader Certificate for Personal growth and Development.
Youth and Community Development: Certificate for Award leader
Duties: Taking care of Youth, Guiding the youth to take on Challenges. Self-Development and Self-mastery. Problem solving, conflict resolution and conduct development programmes.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Job title: Life Coaching Volunteer
Duties: Conducting Personal Growth and development Programmes. Assisting Teacher to conducting Life-Skills Programmes. Peer Counseling and Physical Fitness Programmes
Position Life skills Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Job title: Life Coaching Volunteer
Name of organization: Mid-Ennerdale Primary School
Duties: Conducting Personal Growth and development Program
Life skills and Peer Counseling, Drug program
Period: Feb 2008 To 2010

Position: Life Skill Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Job title: Youth Leader/CYCW
Name of organization: SOS Children’s Village
Duties: Supervising and Monitoring the Youth in the Youth Facility, Conducting and facilitating Diversion Programmers, Personal Growth Development workshops, Counseling Youth and Children on Drugs Alcohol and other addictive substances. Facilitating workshops and counseling sessions aimed at empowering Youth to take responsibility for their own development.
Branch name: SOS Ennerdale Children’s Village

Job title: CYCW
Name of organization: Kids haven

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT
Job title: Programme Coordinator/facilitator Volunteer
Duties: Facilitating. Personal Growth Development, Counseling Young-Men and Victims on Drugs Alcohol and other addictive substances. Facilitating and counseling sessions aimed at empowering Victims to enhance their self-respect and gain back their dignity.

trevor theoda mokoena Nov 21, 2018 at 9:06 am

Hi i Theo Trevor mokoena i have just completed N6 in Public Management now i got a placement as a volunteer i am looking for a company that will give me stipent

Sizwe Jan 4, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Hi I’m Sizwe Oupa Dlamini urgently Looking for internship or permanent job post.I have Matric HR Management nd marketing Management level 6.Please contact me on 0735104005.Thank you

Ayanda Jan 15, 2019 at 7:18 pm

I’m AYANDA KANANA I’m looking for the learnship

sizakele Jan 21, 2019 at 3:09 pm

I am sizakele Malambe, I have completed my diploma in public management ,I have found a placement at the Department of public works, roads and transport as a volunteer, so I am kindly asking if maybe you can assist me with a stipend for my transport.

Tshepo Paulina malechela Feb 11, 2019 at 11:47 am

I’m looking for a leadership

Gavaza Feb 13, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Hello I’m Gavaza makubulane from jhb looking for a learnership

lihle Mar 11, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Can you please help me I am looking for in-service training for financial management ever sense last year please help me

Herman Lekuoane Mar 12, 2019 at 11:54 am

Hi…
I need information on how to apply for a MAPP Seta Learnership…
I need funding or a Learn as you earn opportunity.
Thank you!

Luvuyo Sigidi May 19, 2019 at 2:07 pm

Hi I need information on how to apply for seta learnerships

Pinky Ethel Dec 22, 2019 at 5:34 am

My name is pinky mkhwanazi I’m looking for a learner ship in social auxiliary worker I have a passion of working with people irrespective of background.My numbers are 073 373 5454 Email: Pinkymkhwanazi08@gmail.com.