This list of CHIETA Chemical Industry Qualifications will help you find career opportunities and understand the sector better. Listed in this post are Chemical Industry Qualifications and registered learnerships ranging from NQF levels 1 to 4.
The CHIETA Qualifications for Chemical Industry Careers
New occupation certificates registered at the following levels:
- NQF. Level 1 and 2 for those with little or no high school and limited if any work experience
- NQF Level 3 qualifications for those with some high school and little or no work experience.
- Qualifications at NQF Level 4 for Matriculants or experienced workers.
- NQF Level 5 Qualifications for Managers
- NQF Level 6 Qualifications for Professionals
We are adding more updates so follow #KeepClimbing for the latest.
How to Find a CHIETA Learnership or Apprenticeship
- Register on ESSA: Follow these steps to register for SETA learnerships and apprenticeships.
- Conduct Research: Google the SAQA NLRD ID number.
- Click a link to open the SAQA Qualification
- Scroll down to the bottom of the qualification to see who the accredited providers are. Note: SAQA and the SETAs are slow at updating this information. If there are no service providers listed on SAQA, move on to the next step.
- Visit the CHIETA website. Explore their site and make contact. You can ask for their ETQA Manager if you have a query related to training providers. As for the learnerships or skills development department and ask about learnerships and apprenticeships for the qualifications you are interested in.
- Google the qualification name and add ‘accredited training:’ names of organisations providing this training should pop up.
- Check the new Occupational Certificates: Look for a new qualification with a service provider on the QCTO website.
If you are a Chemical Industries Business and Want to Offer Training
If you are considering becoming an accredited training provider for any of these qualifications, check with the SETA if they have developed any equivalent QCTO qualifications and consider becoming accredited for those.
Remember that qualifications expire after 3 years. If you think that’s silly then this isn’t the right industry for you. Education and training is constantly evolving, always in a state of flux and filled with dynamic not static possibilities.
- Information about the most popular trades in the Chemical Industries
- CHIETA Learning Allocations for 2016 is a list of all CHIETA learnerships, apprenticeships, Bursaries and skills programs.
Chemical Industry Qualifications and Learnerships from NQF levels 1 to 4
The following qualifications fall within CHIETA’s primary focus and are registered with SAQA.
|SAQA NLRD ID||NQF Level||Qualification Title||Learnership Registration Number|
|63349||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Molten Glass Production||03Q030095281203|
|64950||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Laboratory Analysis: Chemical||03Q030091521404|
|66029||NQF Level 1||General Education and Training Certificate: Chemical Operations||03Q030075411201|
|78527||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Chemical Operations||03Q03007641352|
|78528||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Chemical Operations||03Q030077321203|
|78529||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Chemical Operations||03Q030088291404|
|58955||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Chemical Manufacturing||03Q030096631202|
|49555||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Operations of Mobile Explosives Manufacturing Units||03Q030065191203|
|57828||NQF Level 3||National Chemical: Glass Forming||03Q030072201203|
|57881||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Welding Application and Practice||03Q030069301582|
|57886||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Welding Application and Practice: Chemical Welding||03Q030070361513|
|57887||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Welding Application and Practice: Chemical Welding|
|58722||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Engineering Fabrication||03Q030081331482|
|58720||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Engineering Fabrication: Chemical Boiler Making||03Q030073361383|
|58721||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Engineering Fabrication: Chemical Boiler Making||03Q030074221414|
|59689||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Pipe-Fitting||03Q030082351302|
|59750||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Pipe-Fitting: Chemical||03Q030083281213|
|59769||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Pipe-Fitting: Chemical||03Q030084271234|
|58975||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Automated Packaging||03Q030102241203|
|59689||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Fitting||03Q030085311302|
|59669||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Fitting: Chemical||03Q030086241203|
|59709||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Mechanical Engineering: Fitting: Chemical||03Q030087221204|
|59729||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Mechanical Handling (Rigging)||03Q030078301272|
|59730||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Mechanical Handling: Rigging: Chemical||03Q030079241213|
|59731||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Mechanical Handling: Rigging: Chemical||03Q030080271364|
|59015||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Gas Installations||03Q030089381202|
|58950||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Gas Installations||03Q030090351203|
|57879||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Manufacturing of Surface Coating||03Q030071311223|
|74530||NQF Level 2||National Certificate: Measurement , Control and Instrumentation: Chemical||03Q030098271332|
|74532||NQF Level 3||National Certificate: Measurement, Control and Instrumentation: Chemical||03Q030101201203|
|74531||NQF Level 4||Further Education and Training Certificate: Measurement, Control and Instrumentation: Chemical||03Q030097201344|
|63969||NQF Level 5||National Certificate: Pharmaceutical Sales Representation||03Q030022001225|
|13678||NQF Level 2||Mechanics: Chemical Boilermaking: Technology||03Q030010251582|
|13675||NQF Level 3||Mechanics: Chemical Boilermaking||03Q030023001203|
|13674||NQF Level 4||Mechanics: Chemical Boilermaking||03Q030024001204|
|13653||NQF Level 2||Electrics: Chemical Electrical||03Q030011251832|
|13640||NQF Level 3||Electrics: Chemical Electrical||03Q030028001203|
|13639||NQF Level 4||Electrics: Chemical Electrical||03Q030029001204|
|13676||NQF Level 2||Mechanics: Chemical Fitting||03Q030015391982|
|13672||NQF Level 3||Mechanics: Chemical Fitting||03Q030025001203|
|13656||NQF Level 4||Mechanics: Chemical Fitting||03Q030028001204|
|13692||NQF Level 2||Mechanics: Chemical Turning||03Q030012261972|
|13680||NQF Level 3||Mechanics: Chemical Turning||03Q030035001203|
|13679||NQF Level 4||Mechanics: Chemical Turning||03Q030036001204|
|23613||NQF Level 2||Mechanics: Chemical Welding||03Q030021241362|
|13633||NQF Level 3||Mechanics: Chemical Welding||03Q030031001203|
|13632||NQF Level 4||Mechanics: Chemical Welding||03Q030032001204|
|13698||NQF Level 3||Electrics: Chemical Instrumentation||03Q030027001203|
|13697||NQF Level 4||Electrics: Chemical Instrumentation||03Q030037001204|