Tue, Nov 30, 2021

MICT SETA has 350 bursaries and 3000 Learnerships allocated for Advertising, Information Technology, Telecommunications and Media

• Tell me what you think. My opinion is that it’s inadequate. This sector can drive generic IT skills that can positively impact across all economic sectors. The limited impact of 3000 bursary and learnership beneficiaries nationally is a drop in the ocean.
  • Why not 3000 people in each province? Given that our economy cannot grow fast enough to provide sufficient jobs – surely programmes should be nuanced to support and capacitate for small and micro business development. Where are the capacitation programs for school leavers? How does MICT reduce the massive barriers to the IT industry? #ThatsJustMyOpinion #Don’tShootTheFreeThinker

WANT TO BE A LEARNER?

• Use Jabu’s contact details below and request further information.
  • Watch how you present yourself, it’s important to be seen as a professional and someone who is serious about pursuing opportunity. Write correctly, take pride in what you do and always try to be the best person you can possibly be.

Other opportunities

• If you’re unemployed and looking for opportunity, don’t only look at the learnerships, use this list of available skills programs, contact the person responsible and find out if the SETA is looking for learners.
  • Check out our post on available apprenticeships and be sure to use the contact details posted if you wish to apply.
  • Planning to or busy studying and need financial assistance? See the list of allocated SETA Bursaries for 2016.

IF YOU’RE A TRAINING PROVIDER

If you are accredited to deliver training on the listed apprenticeships, learnerships , ensure that you have positioned yourself in the market so that you are accessible to unemployed applicants for 18.2 programs. You must also have sufficient access to practical on-the-job-training opportunity. It’s unacceptable that learners are often placed on occupational programs where training providers cannot deliver on the most important part of the qualification requirement – practical experience.

Here are the MICT SETA Allocations

LEARNING PROGRAMMES NO OF LEARNERS PRIORITY FIELDS OF STUDY NQF LEVEL CONTACT PERSON Tel Email
Bursaries 350 Advertising 5 to 9 Jabu Sibeko 112 072 602 jabu.sibeko@mict.org.za
Information Technology
Telecommunication
Media
Learnerships 3000 Advertising 3 to 6
Information Technology
Telecommunication
Media
Total Learners 3350

Opportunities in other industries

Tags: ,

engel Jul 11, 2016 at 8:41 am

Am looking a Learnship application

sinazo Jul 13, 2016 at 9:55 am

hello there. do you offer learnerships for students? i wanna apply for it. thank you.

Banele Jul 14, 2016 at 11:35 pm

im a very passinate person and also very dedicated to work at hand and im looking forward a positive responce from you
your kind regards
Banele

samkelo Jul 16, 2016 at 11:41 am

I’m a college student and I want to apply for a bursary

moeketsi Jul 19, 2016 at 11:58 am

Morning Mr Jabu, i would like to enquire about the MICT SETA learnership application. How do i apply for this learnership programme and what are the requirements?

Busisiwe Radebe Aug 23, 2016 at 11:41 pm

Hi my name is Busisiwe Radebe.l live in the eastrand area,I am interested in a learnership.I am 22 years of age.I am self -driven I take initiative in whatever i am doing.I am always positive no matter what are the outcomes. i matriculated 2013.My contact number is 0604152893/0766544253/0730258294.

Linda Sep 3, 2016 at 11:34 pm

hi am Linda from Cape Town im doing Bridging course In nursing in Healthnicon private nursing collage when I started this course I thought I will work part time to pay the rest of my fees
then I realised when am already started that it’s difficult to work and study ,I would like to apply for scholarship

nonhlanhla Sep 26, 2016 at 9:31 am

i intend on studying general bachelor of arts at wits do you fund any courses at the public varsity.

Mandila Jackson Oct 8, 2016 at 7:49 pm

Thanks ᴡith regard tօ furnishing these types of awesome info.

Ronald Mashamba Oct 31, 2016 at 1:00 pm

I am Ronald I am a student at university of venda. MICT seta funded me on the 26th of October. I just want to know that does the bursary cover all things includind food,books,and tuition fees

Leonie Hall Nov 1, 2016 at 9:11 am

Hi Ronald! Congratulations on your bursary! Please contact the bursary department at the SETA and ask them. Let me know what they cover! Leo

RONALD Nov 1, 2016 at 9:22 am

how can I contact them can you help me??

Leonie Hall Nov 1, 2016 at 11:30 am

Sure, here are the SETA contact details.

Koketjo Gloria Maluleka Feb 4, 2017 at 8:42 pm

Dear Mr Jabu
I am a student at (enter name) college doing my second-year diploma in Information Technology.
Attached are my most recent results.
I am a hard working and passionate person currently looking for a bursary. Kindly send me the application forms to apply or instructions with regards to what I should do.

Leonie Hall Feb 5, 2017 at 10:12 am

Hi Koketjo
    Please take a look at the edits I made to your letter – and remember to attach your recent results ok. Click his email link in the post or copy his email address and email him directly from your email account.
    Best of luck! Let me know what happens.
    Leo

Koketjo Gloria Maluleka Feb 13, 2017 at 11:47 am

Gladwin Mnisi May 3, 2017 at 8:01 am

I was told that I have been provisionally accepted for the bursary a month ago. But ever since nothing has been communicated with me. What happens when things are like this?

Name (required) Aug 14, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Hi Leonie,
I am busy trying all avenues in order to acquire a bursary to study Sound Engineering next year. This is a course that runs through my veins, i have passion and self determination and would give anything to be afforded the opportunity to do the course.
I want to keep on climbing in order to reach my full potential and realise my dream. Should an opportunity be given to me I will definitely give something back to society when the opportunity presents itself when i am working.
Regards