All public TVET Colleges in South Africa. TVET Colleges registered by the DHET provide education that closely connects to industry opportunities in each province. Explore this full list of TVET college contacts and related information. Pursue your dreams!
Public TVET Colleges: DHET Technical and Vocational Education and Training
The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) manages Post-School Education and Training. This post contains a complete list of all public TVET colleges.
Use This List Of 50 Public TVET Colleges in South Africa
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is a type of education and training that focuses on providing practical and hands-on skills in specific trades and industries. It aims to equip you with the knowledge and skills required for employment in various technical and vocational fields such as construction, agriculture, manufacturing, and information technology.
Tip: TVET also offers Learnerships.
Post-School Education and Training include the following:
- Universities and Private Higher Education Institutions,
- TVET Colleges and Private Colleges,
- Community Education and Training (CET) Colleges,
- Sector Education and Training Authorities, and regulatory bodies such as the South African Qualifications Authority and Quality Councils.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training includes vocational, occupational and Artisan education and training.
The List of All Public Colleges in South Africa
- Boland TVET College
- Buffalo City TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- Central Johannesburg TVET College (CJC)
- Coastal KZN TVET College
- College of Cape Town
- Eastcape Midlands TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College (EWC)
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- False Bay TVET College
- Flavius Mareka FET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Ikhala TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Lovedale Public TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Maluti TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Northlink TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgungundlovu TVET College (UFET)
- Vhembe TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
- West Coast TVET College
- Western College for TVET
Access to 50 TVET Colleges in South Africa
There are fifty registered and accredited public TVET Colleges in South Africa which operate on more than 264 campuses spread across rural and urban areas. Public TVET Colleges are subsidized by the government. Qualifications are offered in a range of fields, if you’re unsure about which career to pursue, check out the list of jobs in demand.
More Fantastic Posts For Your Information
Lists of Colleges in Each Province
How Public Colleges Play an Important Role in Education
- TVET is important because it provides individuals with practical and market-relevant skills that are in demand by employers.
- This can lead to improved employability and job prospects. This is particularly important in today’s rapidly changing job market.
- TVET programs can also provide individuals with a pathway to further education and career advancement.
- Additionally, TVET can play a key role in supporting economic growth and development by providing a skilled workforce for industries and businesses.
If you can’t find the course you want at a public TVET college, look at private colleges.
New Awesome Occupational Qualifications
For updated lists of occupational qualifications, see the links listed below:
- If you don’t have much high school, look at qualifications on NQF Levels 1-2
- If you completed Grade 10 or 11, take a look at NQF Level 3
- Many professional careers begin at NQF Level 4
- If you already have work-related experience and Matric, look at NQF Level 5
- NQF Level 6 Job Qualifications are for experienced workers who have most likely already completed an NQF Level 5.
Thank you for visiting! Don’t leave before exploring more!