Thu, Aug 5, 2021

This post lists AGRISETA funded opportunities in 2017 and compares them with those offered in 2016. Awesome news is that the number of interventions has increased.

Careers in Agriculture

If you’re a potential learner you should know the following:

1. Training providers will compete for funding to deliver these programmes.
  2. Programmes may or may not be available in your province. If they are not, ask about relocation stipends for learners who need to move.
  3. Ask about being placed on an official database so that your name can be made available to the service providers who are awarded the contracts.

Table below indicates the  AgriSETA Learning Programme opportunities for 2017

Learning Programme Learning Areas Number of Learner Opportunities for each intervention Contact Person
Learnerships Animal Production Plant Production Mixed Farming Systems 1 586 Mr. Gerard Mamabolo Tel: (012) 301 5607 E-mail: gerard@agriseta.co.za
Bursaries Veterinary Biology Grassland and Wildlife Science 200
Internships Food Safety Agriculture 300
Skills Programmes Horticulture Crop Science 3 500
Work Integrated Learning Animal Production

Crop Production, Agricultural Management

350
Apprenticeships Boiler making Tractor Mechanic Millwright Fitter and Turner 186 Mr. Ledile Kgomo Tel. No. : (012) 301 5624 E-mail: ledilek@agriseta.co.za

Programmes Offered in 2016

• Animal Production
  • Mixed Farming

Read the full article

AGRISETA Training Priorities for 2016

Tags: , , , ,

Nokuphila Mar 12, 2017 at 7:15 am

Hi, my name is nokuphila Ngcobo, I am doing farming management at Majuba TVT college. This is my last semester. To get my diploma I am required to do an in service training. I need your assistance in where to go about applying and where exactly to apply. Thank you. I would appreciate to get response soon because I must start applying as soon as possible

Spokazi Makawu Jun 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I Spokazi Makawu applying for stipent for Farm Management placement.

Leonie Hall Jun 20, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Hi Spokazi
    Please speak to your employer or the organisation providing the training.
    Best wishes
    Leo

masentle lephoto Aug 1, 2017 at 8:32 am

Hi my name is masentle I was doing agriculture at school I have matric and level 2 certificate in agric so is there any learnership in agric ? Pls help me

Leonie Hall Aug 2, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Hi Masentle
    Please contact the AGRISETA directly. I’m sure that they will be very helpful and assist you. If not, please get back to me.
    Best of luck
    Leonie

stanley Mollson Aug 5, 2017 at 1:17 pm

hi Leonie… my name is Stanley… I am Reverend in an apostolic church and a communuty development officer in my area. we have unemployed youth and adults in our community whom we are trying to upskill to have some skills. Can you kindly help us enlisting them into learnership programmes within your scope of operations in the scarces skill programmes that Agriseta…. perhaps you can also try to identify service providers which you can reccommed around Gaiuteng….. specififically Johannesburg.

Leonie Hall Aug 9, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Hi Stanley
    Unfortunately I don’t have the resources available to assist you fairly. I recommend approaching AGRISETA and all the other SETAs directly and request that they fund local interventions in the community.
    Regards
    Leonie

joseph Seisho Aug 28, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Hi Leonie
Our business is Seisho and Machaka General trade we doing sheep shearing,wool classing,buying and selling wool in Thaba nchu in the free state.we have clients but we need equipment,we need two sheep shearing machinery to start..will like to know how agriseta can help us Or what should we do to get funding assistance from agriseta.

vusumzi Sep 7, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Hi,my company is Lighting Working Gathering,i doing piggery but now the challenge is water,electricity,structure.

KABELO Sep 25, 2017 at 8:40 am

Hi LEONIE

How much stipend for fitter and turner apprentice? Because i am training with agriseta

paulus Oct 18, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Im interested in registering with agriseta as service provider,im a qualified farmer,with knowledge,skills and experience and being a farmer for 9 yrs.

NOMNDENI Oct 19, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Hi
Iam Nomndeni Gumbi iwould like to apply for astipent for electricam enginerind n icompleted N6 and where iam they dont give us..
Thanks

Esona Selana Apr 27, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Hi am Esona Selana I would like to apply for a stipent where am at they don’t give us or provide

It's vital #youth learn their rights when seeking employment. Recruiters who are not upfront about pay but ask questions about your wage expectations are unlawful. ...