Wed, Oct 20, 2021

Those on learnerships, apprenticeships and internships often feel as if they have no where to report their experiences to. If you’re a learner or intern experiencing problems with your employer or training provider, send us your story. Many youth complain about bad contracts and unfair payments, share your issues here.

Report Skills Development Problems

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Tags: , , , , , ,

cynthia Mar 12, 2018 at 2:16 pm

i would like to be contacted on 0781494014

Rato Apr 23, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I was doing learnership at labour witbank, we started on may 2017 now they saying it ends . End of March 2018 n we Neva have experience . Actually we dnt have skills. They didn’t pay us end if March.we dnt have contracs

TSHEPO Apr 24, 2018 at 6:27 am

I m in learnship war on leaks the programme it’s for 3yrz nd we sign to get stipend on 24 every month but now we get it after that they send sms on pay day that say we won’t get money. Other thing is the promise us good thing abt the program but now they don’t care about us

Leonie Hall Apr 24, 2018 at 4:49 pm

Hi Tshepo, I’ll drop you a mail and tell you who to contact.
    Leonie

Nametsegang May 8, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Can I have your email Leonie

Diopelo Jul 16, 2018 at 7:28 pm

We have never received a stipend since the begging of the learnership which started on the 2nd of March 2018. The reason we stayed was because they promised to hire us in less than 2 months period. But now we are being presented with the papers that should we quit, we would be required to pay. Is it really possible to have a learnership with no stipend at all?Thank you

Leonie Hall Jul 19, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Hi Diopelo
    Unfortunately this kind of confusion happens often. There are times when there isn’t a stipend and there are times when there must be a stipend, I’d need to see the contract before answering your question. Please email me on leonieprojectnomad (at) gmail (dot) com
    🙂
    Leo

Terry Aug 2, 2018 at 2:25 pm

My concern is the same as that of Tshepo,we are renting yes we should have got our stipends of the 24th, imagine who can stand for more than 10days without us being tenants not paying I was sent packing around July with the same they always says water and sanitation didn’t pay for our stipends to be processed to our accounts

Kholofelo Aug 22, 2018 at 7:08 am

I am doing a learnership with Mathew Goniwe school of learnership and governance. My problem is that me and all of 400 interns we don’t have : payslip, persal No and training provider. We really need help

Leonie Hall Sep 18, 2018 at 5:10 pm

Please let me know if this has been resolved and which qualification you are doing.

Kholofelo Sep 19, 2018 at 4:30 am

Our matters are still not resolved and the officials are still mum about our situation . Our qualification is ICT INTERN TECHNICIAN . The exploitation is very because we are accused of sending sensitive information when we report to get help.

Kholofelo Sep 19, 2018 at 9:37 am

The matters are not resolved we still under the same condition. Our qualification ( ICT Technician Internship). Our officials accused us to sent sensitive information when we report these matters for help.

Makadiseng Tsiame Aug 25, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Please help us we doing in service training at Kokstad Kzn Department of Education but we don’t get stipends.Since January we are not getting anything.

Thank you.

Balise May 6, 2020 at 9:29 am

Hi, I have a problem can you please assist.

I hace started my In Service Training in the Department of Education in EC, Butterworth in October 2019, they told me they don’t give out stipends and most of the other trainees there get stipends ftom their former schools but mine says they don’t give out stipends too, so what do.I do now?

Because I need transport to go to work, and I can’t just quit I need my Diploma.

Sibusiso Aug 14, 2020 at 10:50 am

We are experiencing very difficult problems of our stipends not paid for 2Months and we’re approaching the third month MTL TRAINING AND PROJECTS And EWSETA are giving us difficult times during lock down we don’t even know who to report such no one explain to why such a situation is always on us.

Mandisa Jan 5, 2021 at 10:27 am

Hi, we signed a contract with Pendula group on November 2020 stating that our learnership would be starting that same month

We didn’t receive our stipends till this date. The lady who was recruiting us, Rika. Told us in December that we will start our learnership in January and with regards to our stipend?

She wrote as follows: Good Afternoon All, your November and December stipends will be paid as back-pay at the end of January 2021. Your January stipend will be paid as normal. We hope to see you all back in January 2021 to start your journey to SUCCESS!

And then now she says this: Hi julle, ek weet nie wanneer julle betaal gaan word nie