Writing a snappy, professional cover letter can be difficult if you lack experience or confidence. This post helps explain why you want to be on a business administration learnership in fifty (50) words.
Business Administration Qualification
Keep Climbing wants you to look FANTASTICALLY smart!
It’s important you remember that a learnership is a qualification you gain by attending classes and doing real work based learning. Learnership candidates have training and employment contracts in place. Sometimes each contract is with a different organisation, other times they are the same organistion.
Any organisation offering training on a business administration learnership must be accredited to do so by the Service SETA.
Here’s a brief outline about the qualification, taken from SAQA.org.za. You can click this link to read the full qualification description.
|SAQA QUAL ID||QUALIFICATION TITLE|
|61595||Further Education and Training Certificate: |
Business Administration Services
|PURPOSE AND RATIONALE OF THE QUALIFICATION|
|This Qualification is for anyone who wishes to be involved in the Administration function within any industry, or non-commercial venture / organization. It is also the building block to advance into the National Certificate in Business Administration Services: NQF Level 5. |
The Core Component of the Qualification offers the learner knowledge and skills in the Management of Records, Comprehension of written and verbal texts, Business Writing, Problem Solving, Ethics, Cultural Awareness, Self Management and Self Development, Project Teamwork and Business Policies and Procedures.
The Elective Component enables learners to specialize in areas of Administration such as Reception, Executive Administration, Financial Literacy, Relationship Management, Legal Knowledge, Communication, Project Administration and Support, Call Centre Administration and Human Resources.
The Qualification ensures progression of learning, enabling the learner to meet standards of service excellence required within the Administration field of learning, through building day-to-day Administration skills as well as general operational.
Qualifying learners could follow a career in:
- Secretarial services
- Reception services
- Switchboard operations
- Financial Administration
- Banking Administration
- Personal/executive assistant services
- Technical assistance
- Data capturing
- Systems administration
- Human Resources administration
- Basic Contracts Administration
- Legal Secretarial services
- Reception supervision
- Change administration and management
- Relationship management
- Project coordination.
Link key words from the qualification information to your cover letter
- I studied business economics at school and discovered I’m good at organising information and being detailed. I enjoy assisting people and want to develop my skills further. A business administration learnership will help me enter the career of my choice and give me the experience to discover how I can contribute in a workplace.
- My vision is to have own a business someday, a business administration learnership will teach me the skills I need to have in place. This qualification and work experience will help me understand what it takes to work in a successful company and how to administrate a business.
- A business administration learnership will help me develop skills required for any business. I enjoy helping people keep everything organised and tidy, I believe this will make me a great PA or secretary. This learnership will allow me to pursue my career goals.