All Gauteng TVET Colleges contact details and industry focus. Gauteng is home to several Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges. Each TVET College has a local industry focus.
Gauteng TVET Colleges Contacts and Industry Priorities
The province of Gauteng is the economic hub of South Africa and home to several Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges.
Gauteng TVET colleges offer many benefits to youth. These benefits include practical skills, career-focused education, high employability, flexible and accessible options, affordable education, and opportunities for further education and advancement.
List of Gauteng TVET Colleges and Contact Details
Gauteng Public Colleges List
|Gauteng TVET College Name||Postal Address||Physical Address||Tel, Fax no. & Website / Email|
|Central JHB TVET College||Private Bag 70500|
|5 Ubla Street|
|011 484 1388 / 351 6000 (t)|
011 642 7358 / 484 2738 (f)
|Ekurhuleni East TVET College||Private Bag X79|
|Sam Ngema Road Kwa-Thema|
|011 736 4400 730 6600 (t)|
011 736 1489 / 9909 (f)
|Ekurhuleni West TVET College||Private Bag x1030|
|Crn Driendek Street & Sol Road|
|086 139 2111 (t)|
011 323 1601 (f)
|Sedibeng TVET College||Private Bag X020|
|37 Voortrekker Street|
|016 422 6645/8 (t)|
016 422 6930/ 6646 (f)
|South West Gauteng TVET College||Private Bag X33|
|Crn Klip Valley & Union Road|
|011 984 1260/ 086 176 8849 (t)|
011 945 1881 / 984 1262 (f)
|Tshwane North FET College||PO Box 26193|
|Cnr Potgieter & Pretorius Street|
|012 401 1600 / 1999 (t)|
012 323 8683 (f)
|Tshwane South FET College||Private Bag X1018|
|85 Francis Baard|
(formerly known as Schoeman Street)
|086 144 1111 (t)|
012 373 8032 / 664 8358 (f)
|Western College TVET||Private BagX17|
|011 692 4082 / 4004 (t)|
011 692 3404 / 2880 (f)
What makes Gauteng TVET Colleges Special?
Gauteng TVET Colleges: Job Placements
The high job placement rate of TVET graduates in Gauteng is due to the fact that the colleges in the province offer courses that are aligned with the needs of the economy, providing graduates with the skills and knowledge that are in high demand in the job market. This contributes to the economic growth of the province by providing skilled workers to various sectors of the economy.
Gauteng TVET Colleges: Graduates in Manufacturing
One of the sectors that TVET graduates in Gauteng are highly sought after is manufacturing. The province is home to several manufacturing companies, including automotive and engineering companies. TVET graduates who have studied courses such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and welding are in high demand in this sector. Some of the top employers in this sector include BMW, Ford, and Toyota.
Construction Employs many Gauteng TVET College Graduates
Gauteng has large infrastructure projects, including the Gautrain, and the construction of new highways and buildings. TVET graduates who have studied courses such as building construction, civil engineering, and plumbing are highly sought after in this sector. Some of the top employers in this sector include WBHO, Murray & Roberts, and Aveng.
Healthcare also employs many Gauteng TVET College graduates.
The province has many large public and private hospitals, clinics, and medical centres. TVET graduates who have studied courses such as nursing, health promotion, and community health work are in high demand in this sector. Some of the top employers in this sector include Netcare, Mediclinic, and Life Healthcare.
In addition to the above-mentioned sectors, TVET graduates in Gauteng also find employment in other sectors such as hospitality, information technology, and business. The high job placement rate of TVET graduates in Gauteng is a testament to the quality of education and training provided by the TVET colleges in the province.
- Nurse Cover Letter & Interview Tips
- Hospitality Learnership Application Letter
- Take a Hospitality Career Test
- Tourism Job Skills
- Tourism Learnership Application
- CATHSSETA Careers are Cool
Here are some interesting facts about Gauteng Colleges:
- Gauteng has 12 TVET colleges, making it the province with the highest number of TVET colleges in South Africa.
- TVET courses in Gauteng are designed to meet the needs of the province’s economy, with a focus on developing skills in high-demand sectors such as engineering, business, and hospitality.
- Gauteng TVET colleges have partnerships with industry stakeholders, including private companies and government departments, to ensure that their courses are aligned with the needs of the economy.
- The colleges in Gauteng have modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment, which enable learners to gain practical experience in their chosen fields.
- The province’s TVET colleges have a high job placement rate, with many graduates securing employment in sectors such as manufacturing, construction, and healthcare.
- Gauteng TVET colleges offer learners opportunities for further education and training, including artisan training and higher education programmes.
- The province’s TVET colleges provide learners with support services, such as career guidance, counselling, and academic support, to ensure their success.
- Gauteng TVET colleges are committed to promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, with some offering courses in entrepreneurship and small business management.
- Gauteng Department of Education: TVET Colleges – https://www.education.gpg.gov.za/tvetcolleges/
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College: Programmes – http://www.eec.edu.za/programmes/
- Sedibeng TVET College: Programmes – https://sedcol.co.za/courses/
- Life Healthcare: Careers – https://www.lifehealthcare.co.za/careers/
- South African Government: TVET Colleges – https://www.gov.za/services/tvet-colleges
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College: About Us – http://www.eec.edu.za/about-us/
- Sedibeng TVET College: About Us – https://sedcol.co.za/about-us/
- Westcol TVET College: About Us – https://www.westcol.co.za/about-us/