Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) Pricing. In this article, we’ll be looking at the top 10 ATS providers on the market today, their pricing and features, and what makes each one stand out.
ATS Software Streamlines Recruitment
We’ve written about how job applicant screening software automates the job application process. But this post dives into the top ATS Providers and cost factors. We based our list on search results and the features raised in various ATS reviews.
Applicant Tracking Systems Advantages: Time and Efficiency
Employers and recruiters can use Applicant Tracking Systems to speed up recruitment and selection processes. When set up correctly, ATS software can reduce recruitment bias and discrimination.
Vacancies Remain Unfilled When Recruitment Drags
Job postings can often receive more applications than recruiters can deal with. Let’s face it, some applications are better than others. It speeds the process up if recruiters don’t have to sift through the applicants who don’t align with the job description and advert requirements.
If you’re struggling with managing your hiring process, an applicant tracking system (ATS) may be the solution for you. An ATS automates and streamlines the recruitment process, from posting job listings to tracking applicants and managing the interview process.
Top 10 Applicant Tracking Systems to streamline hiring processes
Top ATS Providers: applicant tracking systems
The market is flooded with ATS providers offering a range of features and pricing options. Some notable names include Workable, Greenhouse, BambooHR, Zoho Recruit, Jobvite, Bullhorn, iCIMS, Lever, SmartRecruiters, and JazzHR.
Each provider has its unique strengths, such as user-friendly interfaces, advanced analytics, or specialized offerings for specific industries or business sizes.
10 ATS Providers in South Africa
- Sage Talent Solutions
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Breezy HR
List of ATSs ranked by market availability, from oldest to newest
- Taleo – Founded in 1996
- iCIMS – Founded in 1999
- PeopleFluent – Founded in 1997
- SilkRoad – Founded in 2003
- Jobvite – Founded in 2006
- Greenhouse – Founded in 2012
- Lever – Founded in 2012
- Workday – Founded in 2005
While the age of an ATS doesn’t necessarily reflect its quality or effectiveness, older systems may have more established features and a larger customer base.
Summary of How Applicant Tracking Systems Price Ranges Work
how much does an applicant tracking system cost
When searching for an ATS, you will come across a variety of price ranges. Here’s a breakdown of what these ranges typically include:
- Low-end: $0 – $99 (R1802.03) per month. These systems typically offer basic functionality such as resume parsing and job posting. They may not have all the features you need, but they are a good option for small businesses on a tight budget.
- Mid-range: $100 – $499 (R9082.95) per month. These systems offer more advanced features such as candidate tracking and automated workflows. They are a good option for medium-sized businesses or growing companies that need more robust features.
- High-end: $500+ per month. These systems offer the most advanced features such as AI-powered candidate matching and interview scheduling. They are typically used by large enterprises with a high volume of job openings and complex recruitment needs.
First off, many ATS providers offer free trials. We’ve maintained the price in USD and included a ZA conversion in brackets (at the time of publication). Now let’s dive in!
10 Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing Providers and Prices
applicant tracking system cost comparison
10. BambooHR: Applicant Tracking Systems
BambooHR offers an all-in-one HR software solution that includes an ATS. It’s designed to be user-friendly, with customizable hiring workflows and job posting templates. The pricing starts at $6 per employee per month, with a minimum of five employees required. (R109. 21)
9. Zoho Recruit:
Zoho Recruit is a cloud-based ATS that includes resume parsing and integration with social media platforms. It also offers customizable workflows and integrations with other HR software tools. The pricing starts at $25 per recruiter per month. (R455.06)
8. Workable: Applicant Tracking Systems
Workable is a cloud-based ATS that offers customizable hiring workflows, resume parsing, and integration with job boards and social media platforms. It also includes an AI-powered candidate-matching feature. The pricing starts at $99 per job per month. (R1802.03)
7. JazzHR: Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing R709.89
JazzHR offers an easy-to-use ATS that includes job posting and candidate tracking features. It also includes a customizable hiring workflow and integrations with job boards and social media platforms. The pricing starts at $39 per month. (R709.89)
6. Lever: Monthly Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing
Lever offers an ATS that includes a variety of integrations, including job boards, social media platforms, and email providers. It also includes customizable hiring workflows and an AI-powered candidate sourcing feature. The pricing starts at $239 per month. (R4350.35)
5. Breezy HR: Monthly Applicant Tracking System Pricing
Breezy HR is a cloud-based ATS that offers customizable hiring workflows, integrations with job boards and social media platforms, and a variety of communication tools, including video interviewing. The pricing starts at $149 per month. (R2712.14)
4. iCIMS: Customised Pricing
iCIMS is an enterprise-level ATS that includes customizable hiring workflows, integrations with job boards and social media platforms, and an AI-powered candidate matching feature. The pricing is customized based on the organization’s needs.
3. SmartRecruiters: Applicant Tracking System Pricing Starts at Around R182023.00 per year.
SmartRecruiters is a cloud-based ATS that includes customizable hiring workflows, integrations with job boards and social media platforms, and an AI-powered candidate matching feature. The pricing starts at $10,000 per year. (R182023.00)
2. JobAdder: Applicant Tracking System Pricing from R891.91
JobAdder is a cloud-based ATS that includes customizable hiring workflows, integrations with job boards and social media platforms, and a variety of communication tools, including video interviewing. The pricing starts at $49 per user per month. (R891.91)
1. Greenhouse: Applicant Tracking System Pricing is Customised
Greenhouse is an enterprise-level ATS that includes customizable hiring workflows, integrations with job boards and social media platforms, and an AI-powered candidate matching feature. The pricing is customized based on the organization’s needs.
Priced Right: How to Select an Applicant Tracking Systems Provider
Now that we have looked at some of the most popular ATS options on the market, let’s take a closer look at the pricing factors for these systems.
When it comes to selecting an ATS, there are a number of factors to consider, including company size, number of users, features and functionality, contract length, and support and training. It’s important to carefully evaluate your needs and budget to ensure that you select the right system for your business.
1. Use ATS comparison and reviews
Conduct thorough ATS comparisons and read reviews. Make informed decisions when selecting software to invest in. Comparisons often focus on aspects like pricing, features, user interface, customer support, scalability, and user experiences. This information provides valuable insights to aid in the ATS selection process.
Websites where you can find reviews of different ATSs:
These websites allow users to leave reviews and ratings of different ATSs based on their experience using the software. Reading reviews can give you a better idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each system and help you decide which one might be the best fit for your organization.
2. Note ATS Pricing and Features
When choosing an ATS, it’s important to consider both the pricing and the features. While some ATS providers offer a basic package for a lower cost, others may offer more advanced features for a higher cost.
Three Key features to consider when costing an ATS:
- Customizable hiring workflows: An ATS with customizable hiring workflows can help you streamline your recruitment process and ensure that all necessary steps are followed.
- Resume parsing: An ATS with resume parsing can automatically extract information from candidate resumes, making it easier to review and compare candidate qualifications.
- Integration with job boards and social media platforms: Integrating with job boards and social media platforms can help you reach a wider pool of candidates and simplify the job posting process.
7 Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing Factors
The cost of an ATS can vary depending on a number of factors. Here are some of the most common pricing factors to consider when selecting an ATS:
1. Your Company Size
The size of your company can have a significant impact on the price of an ATS. Larger companies with more employees will typically pay more for an ATS than smaller companies. This is because larger companies typically have a higher volume of job openings and require more robust features to manage their recruitment process.
2. Number of Users on the Applicant Tracking System
The number of users that will need access to the ATS can also impact the price. If you have a small team, you may only need a system that allows for a few users. However, if you have a larger team or multiple departments involved in the recruitment process, you will need a system that can accommodate more users.
3. Features and Functionality Required
The features and functionality of the ATS can also affect the price. Some ATSs offer basic features such as resume parsing and job posting, while others offer more advanced features such as AI-powered candidate matching and interview scheduling. The more advanced the features, the higher the cost of the system.
4. Contract Length
The length of the contract can also impact the cost of an ATS. Typically, longer contracts result in lower monthly costs, while shorter contracts result in higher monthly costs. It’s important to consider your needs and budget when selecting the length of your contract.
5. Support and Training
The level of support and training provided by the ATS vendor can also impact the cost. Some vendors offer comprehensive training and support packages, while others offer minimal support. The level of support you need will depend on your team’s level of experience and comfort with the software.
6. ATS implementation process
Implementing an ATS involves steps like data migration, system configuration, user training, and integration with existing HR systems. Customising the system could incur additional costs. A smooth implementation process requires proper planning, clear communication, and involvement from key stakeholders to ensure a successful transition and seamless adoption of the ATS software.
7. ATS integration with HR systems
Integration between an ATS and other HR systems, such as HRIS (Human Resources Information System) or payroll software, enables seamless data flow, avoids duplicate entry, and enhances overall HR processes. Integrations can include syncing candidate data, managing onboarding processes, or tracking employee performance within a unified system. This feature make an ATS cost competitive.
Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing Models
ATS pricing strategies depend on the software provider and the specific features and functionalities offered. Here are some common ATS pricing strategies along with their costings:
1. Applicant Tracking Systems Subscription-based Pricing:
- Monthly Subscription: This pricing model involves paying a fixed monthly fee for using the ATS software. Costs can range from around $50 to $500 per month, depending on the software provider and the level of functionality required.
- Annual Subscription: Some ATS providers offer discounted pricing for annual subscriptions. The cost for an annual subscription can range from around $500 to $5,000 or more, depending on the software and the size of the organization.
2. Applicant Tracking Systems Per User Pricing:
Per User, Per Month: With this pricing model, the cost is based on the number of users or recruiters who will be accessing and using the ATS software. The cost per user per month can range from around $10 to $100 or more, depending on the software provider and the included features.
3. ATS Tiered Pricing:
Basic, Pro, and Enterprise Tiers: Many ATS providers offer tiered pricing plans based on the level of functionality and support required. The basic tier usually offers essential features at a lower cost, while the pro and enterprise tiers provide more advanced features and dedicated support. Costs can range from around $50 per month for basic plans to several hundred dollars per month for higher-tier plans.
4. ATS Pay-per-Job Pricing:
- Per Job Posting: Some ATS providers offer a pay-per-job pricing model, where you pay a fee for each job posting. Costs can range from a few dollars to several tens of dollars per job posting, depending on the ATS and the job board integration options.
5. Applicant Tracking Systems Custom Pricing:
- Some ATS providers offer custom pricing based on the specific needs and requirements of the organization. This pricing model is typically suitable for larger enterprises or organizations with unique needs, and the cost can vary significantly based on the negotiation and the scope of customization required.
It’s important to note that these price ranges are not set in stone and can vary depending on the vendor and the specific features included in the system.
are Free ATS available?
Yes, there are free applicant tracking systems available. Below are 4 popular free ATS software:
free applicant tracking software
- Recruitee – Recruitee offers a free plan for small businesses and startups that includes basic recruiting features like job posting, resume management, and candidate communication.
- SmartRecruiters -SmartRecruiters offers a free plan for small businesses and startups that includes basic recruiting features like job posting, candidate communication, and basic reporting.
- Zoho Recruit – Zoho Recruit offers a free plan that includes basic recruiting features like job posting, resume management, and candidate communication.
- JobScore -JobScore offers a free plan for small businesses that includes basic recruiting features like job posting, resume management, and candidate communication.
It’s worth noting that while these free Applicant Tracking Systems can be a great option for small businesses or startups with limited recruiting needs, they may not have all the features or functionality of a paid ATS. Additionally, some free ATSs may come with limitations on the number of users or job postings, so it’s important to carefully review the terms and limitations of each option before making a decision.
Applicant Tracking Systems: What is ATS software?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a software solution designed to simplify the hiring process by efficiently managing job applications and candidates. It screens CVs and centralizes candidate databases. An ATS enables recruiters to easily search, track, and communicate with applicants, ultimately saving time and improving the overall recruitment experience.
- ATS software is a powerful tool to speed up the recruitment process and automate candidate tracking.
- ATS enhances collaboration among hiring teams as they can each review online.
- ATS have a range of features like CV parsing, interview scheduling, and candidate scoring,
Result: ATS software improves efficiency and helps businesses make more informed hiring decisions.
Conclusion: Applicant Tracking Systems Pricing
Selecting the Best ATS Software: Considerations
When it comes to choosing the best ATS software, it’s important to consider factors like user-friendly interface, robust features, scalability, and integrations with other HR tools. Leading ATS software options often provide customizable workflows, powerful reporting and analytics, mobile accessibility, and seamless integration with job boards and social media platforms.
ATS software offers numerous features and benefits, including automated job posting, resume parsing, candidate screening, interview scheduling, collaborative hiring workflows, and data-driven analytics. These features improve efficiency, reduce manual effort, ensure compliance, enhance candidate experience, and enable better decision-making throughout the recruitment process.
ATS for small businesses
Small businesses benefit from having ATS software tailored to their specific needs. This offers cost-effective solutions with essential features like:
- applicant tracking,
- resume management,
- interview scheduling,
- and collaborative hiring.
Scalability, ease of use, and affordability are key considerations for small businesses looking to leverage an ATS.
ATS for recruiting agencies
Recruiting agencies often require advanced ATS functionalities, such as candidate relationship management, client management, and performance metrics tracking. ATS software designed for recruiting agencies offers features like talent pool management, candidate sourcing, CRM integrations, and robust reporting capabilities.
Organisations use ATSs to spend time meeting applicants that meet the job description and are most likely to fit in.
Please note that pricing for the Applicant Tracking Systems may vary, and some providers offer custom pricing based on the specific needs of the organization. It’s important to do thorough research and compare options before making a purchase decision.
By understanding the pricing factors and the typical price ranges for ATSs, you can make an informed decision that will help streamline your recruitment process and ultimately save your business time and money.
When choosing an Applicant Tracking System, it’s important to consider not only the pricing but also the features that are most important to your business. Some of the key features to look for include resume parsing, job board posting, interview scheduling, and candidate management. You should also consider factors such as ease of use, customer support, and integration with other tools you use in your recruitment process.
In conclusion, there are many Applicant Tracking Systems available in South Africa, each with its own pricing and feature set. By taking the time to research your options and determine which features are most important to your business, you can choose an ATS that will streamline your recruitment process and help you find the best candidates for your open positions.