Best List of All Northern Cape TVET College Contacts. Two Northern Cape TVET Colleges have seven Campuses. Northern Cape TVET Colleges offer a variety of courses, both full-time and part-time. They provide student support services such as career guidance, leadership development, sports, job placement, learnerships and counselling.
Apply At Two Northern Cape TVET Colleges: 7 Campuses
TVET Colleges are public colleges that receive state funds and subsidies. Students at TVET Colleges are eligible for funding from NSFAS if they meet the other requirements.
Different courses are offered at the different TVET college campuses.
Northern Cape TVET College List
1. Northern Cape Rural TVET College: Northern Cape TVET
Northern Cape TVET College offers a variety of courses, both full-time and part-time. They provide student support services such as career guidance, leadership development, sports, job placement, learnerships and counselling to all students at all campuses.
List of Northern Cape Rural TVET College Campus Contacts
There are five campuses falling under the Northern Cape Rural TVET College.
- Upington Campus: (054) 332 4711
- Kathu Campus: (053) 723 3281
- Kuruman Campus: (053) 712 1691
- Namaqualand Campus: (027) 744 1360
- De Aar Campus: (053) 631 0594
Northern Cape Rural TVET College Courses
- Pre-Matric Business Studies (NCV)
- Pre-Matric Engineering Studies (NCV)
- Post-Matric Business Studies (Nated)
- Post-Matric Engineering Studies (Nated)
|Telephone:||(054) 331 3836|
|Address:||Steve Naude Street Upington|
2. Northern Cape Urban TVET College: Northern Cape TVET
Northern Cape Urban TVET College aims to provide relevant and excellent education and training to its students. A variety of courses are offered at their two campuses. Learnerships are awarded to deserving students who show potential and a good work ethic. Student accommodation is available near the campuses. Student support services such as academic support, counselling, job placement and financial aid is made available to students at all campuses.
Northern Cape Urban TVET College Contacts
|Telephone:||(053) 839 2000|
|Address:||37 Long Street Kimberly, South Africa 8301|
Northern Cape Urban TVET College Campus Contacts
- City Campus: (053) 839 2000
- Moremogolo Campus: (053) 802 4700
Northern Cape Urban TVET College Courses
- National Certificate Vocational Programmes
- Business Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Occupational Courses
Northern Cape TVET Colleges: Gather these Documents To Apply
- Your South African ID and
- Latest Academic Results
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
Funding at a Technical Vocational Education and Training Colleges
Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in South Africa provide important opportunities for qualifying for different careers.
Fifty registered and accredited public TVET Colleges in South Africa operate on more than 264 campuses across rural and urban areas. Public TVET Colleges are established and operated under the authority of the Continuing Education and Training Act 16 of 2006 and report to the Department of Higher Education and Training.
Bursaries and Funding at Northern Cape TVET
The Department of Higher Education and Training offers bursaries for National Certificate Vocational courses and courses at public TVET Colleges to students who meet the criteria.
Points to note:
- Bursaries are not loans, they are better as you don’t have to ay them baxk.
- Bursaries are administered by the National Student Financial Aid Service (NSFAS).
Bursaries can vary from college to college. Ask the college you plan to enrol at about bursaries for the course you would like to study.
Bursaries administered by the NSFAS, are available but are subject to two important criteria:
- Applicants undergo a ‘means test’ to establish if the student really does need financial assistance. A means test is not an actual test to be afraid of – it usually questions about your personal situation to see if you are someone who must be assisted.
- Applicants must have a good academic performance record.
- Prospective students who believe they meet these criteria should contact their nearest public TVET College. The college will provide the application forms and oversee the application process.
Northern Cape TVET Colleges Offering NSFAS
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Public TVET Colleges are funded by the state
- more than 650 000 students are in public TVET College education.
Modes of Delivery
Different colleges may offer qualifications in different ways – this is referred to as a ‘mode of delivery’. Some colleges also offer blended learning (e-learning) facilities for some course content. A number of the larger campuses have Open Learning Centres. Further information can be given by the college on this aspect when applying or enrolling for course admission.
What are these Qualifications Worth?
In an effort to ensure that courses are relevant to the needs of commerce and industry, public colleges go to great lengths to secure linkages and partnerships with key role-players in commerce and industry and with the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). A number of colleges have a management division devoted to this aspect.
Job Shadowing and Practical Workplace Exposure
Public TVET colleges try as far as possible to facilitate job shadowing and practical workplace opportunities for top-performing students. Many campuses also operate simulated enterprises to augment the need for practical exposure related to the course of study.
In an increasingly globalised labour market, a number of public TVET Colleges have international partnerships with similar institutions in various parts of the world. This ensures that education and training is internationally benchmarked with best practice in diverse international settings.