Thu, Dec 9, 2021

A comprehensive list of contact information for colleges in the Limpopo.

TVET College Contacts in Limpopo

Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in South Africa provide important opportunities for qualifying in different careers.

Overview

• There are fifty registered and accredited public TVET Colleges in South Africa which operate on more than 264 campuses spread across the rural and urban areas of the country. Public TVET Colleges are established and operated under the authority of the Continuing Education and Training Act 16 of 2006 and report to the Department of Higher Education and Training.Each Province has an office that provides specialised professional support to the public TVET Colleges in that province.
  • Public TVET Colleges are subsidised by the state with approximately R6 billion per year.
  • There are more than 650 000 students in public TVET Colleges.

Bursaries

• The Department of Higher Education and Training offers bursaries which are available for National Certificate Vocational courses and courses at public TVET Colleges to students who meet the criteria. These bursaries are not loans. The bursaries are administered by the National Student Financial Aid Service (NSFAS).  Other bursaries are also available, which will vary from college to college. Prospective students should enquire at the college at which you plan to enroll as to what bursaries are available for the course that you would like to study.
  • During 2015 approximately 200 000 students at TVET Colleges benefitted from DHET bursaries administered by NSFAS.
  • Department of Higher Education and Training, TVET College bursaries that are administered by the NSFAS, are available but are subject to two important criteria:
  1. The prospective student will be required to undergo a ‘means test’ that will indicate that the student really does need financial assistance. A means test is not an actual test that you must be afraid of – it’s usually questions about your personal situation in order to see if you are someone who must be assisted.
  2. That the student has a good academic performance record.
  • Prospective students who believe that they may meet these criteria should contact their nearest public TVET College.  The college will provide the application forms and oversee the application process.

Modes of Delivery

Different colleges may offer qualifications in different ways – this is referred to as a ‘mode of delivery’. Some colleges also offer blended learning (e-learning) facilities for some course content. A number of the larger campuses have Open Learning Centres.  Further information can be given by the college on this aspect when applying or enrolling for course admission.

What are these Qualifications Worth?

In an effort to ensure that courses are relevant to the needs of commerce and industry, public colleges go to great lengths to secure linkages and partnerships with key role-players in commerce and industry and with the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETA’s). A number of colleges have a management division devoted to this aspect.

Job Shadowing and Practical Workplace Exposure

Public TVET colleges try as far as possible to facilitate job shadowing and practical workplace opportunities for top performing students. Many campuses also operate simulated enterprises to augment the need for practical exposure related to the course of study.

International Exchange

In an increasingly globalised labour market, a number of public TVET Colleges have international partnerships with similar institutions in various parts of the world. This ensures that education and training is internationally benchmarked with best practice in diverse international settings

Limpopo College Contacts

Reach for the stars, dream big and MAKE IT WORK!

[table id=8 /]

More Limpopo Public College Contacts

Click the link below to see a list of TVET colleges in South Africa and their websites:

List of all Public TVET Colleges

Tags: ,

boitumelo Dec 29, 2015 at 10:01 am

i need Nsfas application forms for mopani sir val duncan college.

Leonie Hall Jan 13, 2016 at 10:09 am

Ok…and so? Go onto their website!!! Be a warrior! Get the forms!

Tebogo Apr 10, 2016 at 11:52 am

I need money assistance and im coming from a poor family.im still doing grade 12 at modumaane secondary school.i want to study at your instistutin in 2017.im 20 years old and im placed in the scince and maths literacy stream

Tebogo Apr 10, 2016 at 11:56 am

I need money assistance and im still doing grade 12 at modumaane secondary school.im 20 years old and i want study there next year 2017

juta Apr 11, 2016 at 9:27 pm

i need nsfas to assist me.I complete my grade 12 last year 2015 but know I took a gap year because l have no money to pay myself fees also no one in my family work.I really need nsfas to help me .

lawrence Apr 26, 2016 at 12:54 pm

i want to know if you offer short course of chemical engineering …right now i am in zimbabwe doing National Certificate Chemical Engineering at Harare polytechnic….wil i get ajob after i finish my National Certificate

manyane dineo Jun 8, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I need nsfas to assist me I’m doing grade 12 this yEar I hope my messeg Will be accepted thanks.

Leonie Hall Jul 6, 2016 at 8:45 am

Hi Manyane
    You are already a step ahead of others as you know who to apply to. So why not apply to the NSFAS? This blog is called ‘Keep Climbing’ because you must take action every day, every minute and hold yourself accountable for failure.

ZWIVHUYA DAGADA Aug 7, 2016 at 1:13 pm

WANT TO STUDY IT BUT I NEED APPLICATION FORMS OF ANY UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE

sharon Aug 8, 2016 at 3:48 pm

hi,am a grade 12 learner and i need to apply for NSFAS,so i don’t know if it’s okay to apply online or go straight to the offices which am still looking for?,and another confusing thing is that i applied for couple of institutions so should i attach both the student numbers or must i fill two application forms?hope my questions are not confusing

Annah selaelo matlou Aug 29, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Your comment goes here.I need nsfas to assist me because I complete my grade 12 last year 2015 and now I am on gap year. I am with my family, we live in poor family and to put food on tableis because of social grant. no one in my came to higher institutions.

Leonie Hall Sep 2, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Hi Anna
    Please read my articles on finding learnerships and scholarships. you’ll find plenty of information on the Keep Climbing website. Best of luck Leonie

Tebatso Nov 21, 2016 at 12:36 pm

i need nsfa i complete mi matric last year I took gap year because I don’t have money n I live with a single parent and she is unemployed

mabatho Jan 8, 2017 at 12:29 pm

I was doing grade 12 last year now I’m looking forward to study but I dont have money so u was asking for help

Baloyi Maria Jan 10, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Hello am maria I was doing AET level 4 last year 2016 now I want to further m studies but I don’t have money because my parents are not working.I wish waterberg TVET can give me a bursary or NSFAS

shadrack Feb 7, 2017 at 11:32 pm

Your comment goes here.
I’m shadrack sarila and I need financial assistance from NSFAS to assist me further my studies as I’m living with my granny who’s not working but receives a social grant and unfortunately she can’t afford to pay for me
I would be glad if my request can be taken to consideration

Leonie Hall Feb 8, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Hi Shadrack! Content the NSFS by using the links provided in the post or contact the funders directly. When you write to them you must specify the programme, the campus and the amount or no one will take you seriously and they will ignore your request.Unless you’re already registered, please consider other options and try to find alternative opportunities to further your studies by looking for learnerships, apprenticeships and skills programmes. Best wishes, keep looking, keep climbing – you’ll get there if you keep moving in the right direction.

Boitshoko Apr 22, 2017 at 12:02 am

I really need a financial help to further my education ,i would be Happy if i could get help so i can improve the standard of living at home

KGOROSHI May 10, 2017 at 1:58 pm

i was doing matric last year.now i want to study but i don’t have money.i need to apply NSFAS for next year.i like to study at motetema campus

phasha pitsi carol Sep 9, 2017 at 12:28 pm

hy,I want to know if my NSFAS is paying my fees or not?

Lawrence Jan 8, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Your comment goes here
I really need a financial help to go further with my education

Ramoncha Thabo Jan 9, 2018 at 2:27 am

Your comment goes here.
I’m in matric this year i need a financial help to further my studies. I don’t have money and I’ll be happy if i get help. I’ll like to study at university of Limpopo to do medicine.

Leonie Hall Jan 9, 2018 at 2:21 pm

So great to see you thinking ahead!!! Very good spirit!
    Chat to your school’s guidance teacher and speak to your principal, they can offer counselling to you and other matrics.
    Contact the university and go in and see them during your second term, take your school report with you. Ask their advice.

Present yourself professionally and show that you are determined to succeed. People love a great attitude and will do their best to assist you.

Ask for assistance COMPLETING financial aid forms and have them ready for submission later in the year for when you need to apply. I’m saying get help from them completing the forms, they are often difficult to do so let them help you prepare them.

Let me know!