Saturday, April 4, 2020

Are you climbing the NQF? Please check that the institution you are registering with is correctly accredited to deliver training and education services by following these steps.

Use the contacts provided to investigate organisations.

School level education providers  must be registered with:

  • The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) contact number: 080872222
  • Your provincial Department of Education (links are on the DHET website).
  • UMALUSI: provide them with your provider’s accreditation number and they will verify their status.

Post Matric / Higher Education qualification providers must register with:

FET colleges must register with:

Trade and Occupations providers:

  • The appropriate Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) or the QCTO.
  • Here’s a list of SETAs

Public Rights

It’s your right to ask providers for proof of their registration / accreditation. Ask them for their certificate then vcontact the authority that issued it.

But that’s not enough. You must check the expiry date, for example, SETA accreditation must be renewed every 3 years.

The certificate must list which qualifications or programs they are accredited for.

Fraud happens when some education tsotsis fake these records!

Be aware and #KeepClimbing throughout 2020!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Article


Tell us what's up!


Facebook Reviews

This message is only visible to admins.

Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error

Error: Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons.
Type: OAuthException

7 months ago

Keep Climbing the NQF

Making fair really fair with Talkpay ...

View on Facebook

7 months ago

Keep Climbing the NQF

Competition Commission ...

View on Facebook