Learnership ending? Here’s how to say thanks and see if there are any further prospects with them.
Had a great experience on a learnership?
Tell the organisers you enjoyed the experience and why.
Perhaps your goal is to increase the opportunity of being hired or placed on another learnership.
If you share how great your experience was, it’s likely that someone else will decide to study because of your story.
Sending organisers a thank you letter will show your appreciation and give them a reason to recommend you for something else.
Thanking the Employer or
The first rule of ‘Thank You’ is sincerity.
Be smart and put your best foot forward. If you’ve just completed a qualification, let it show!
😉 (Look smart)
Thank the Employer
The learnership is about to end and I wanted to share what the experience has meant to me and how it’s been one of the most positive I’ve ever had.
I understand why you offer limited opportunity each year, and wanted to let you know how much it means to those of us who get through.
As an employee, I’ve learnt / seen how / been inspired by / been challenged to…
- write about any one aspect or briefly explain a few different points about the experience.
- If you’re writing about different things – try making one of them funny. For example: Thanks to you l probably learnt the most valuable career lesson of all, that arriving late on Monday means no muffins at the meeting!
- Keep it brief, each word counts, don’t waffle. For professional reasons you want to impress them with a carefully executed letter that makes them say”
“Stop the Bus! Why are we letting this rock star leave????”
As a learner, the experience taught me about balancing different roles and goals. I’ve enjoyed putting what I learnt into practice and especially enjoyed…
Ideas you can use
- … being challenged regularly and realising that learning was actually very motivating
- … the coaching and mentoring you offered was ….
- … the feedback from colleagues and assessors who commented on our progress …
- Link your learning to the professional environment, showing how you’re ready to get started on your career path
- if you know they offer the same qualification at a higher level, show your interest in being placed on the programme.
Working in an environment such as X-Factor is my future goal and I hope to one day apply for a position here.
Thank you once again for the opportunity. The experience and the qualification will empower my future and I’m extremely grateful for the role you played.
Please don’t hesitate to call me if ever you need to recruit a committed individual who understands your business.
Thank the Training Provider
The training provider is the organisation responsible for issuing your certificates. It could be a private provider or a college. Check with your facilitator if you’re unsure.
The learnership is about to end and I wanted to thank you for the training received.
I understand that you offer limited opportunity each year and wanted to let you know how much the experience has meant to me.
Your training made me realise how much I enjoy learning and challenging myself to keep improving. I also appreciate the support you offered when…
- Give them a story that shows the value of having them on your side.
- Keep it brief and professional 😉
Thanks to your training and the workplace experience, I feel positive about my future and have set a personal development goal to keep growing.
For your records, please find my attached CV, updated with the learnership details. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are recruiting for another learnership in the same field and require a committed, professional candidate.
Are you an employee or learner?
We are studying labour market contracts to look for unfair labour clauses and infringements on human rights.
Send us your employment or learnership contracts and assist in stopping continued exploitation and reduction of rights.