Check out this useful list of Training, Internships and Bursaries in South Africa. Applications are being called for 2024.
Companies Offer Bursaries, Learnerships, Apprenticeships And Internships
Use this useful list of businesses to find Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Internships
Follow the links for more information and instructions on how to apply!
Bursaries are available for Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, B Com (Financial Management) and Geology Discipline.
Huawei Technologies is a Telecommunications company based in Johannesburg Gauteng.
One of South Africa’s largest privately-owned construction companies, with a 30% staff ownership. Power Group offers education opportunities through bursaries to help students at either University, University of Technology or through CETA Learnerships better themselves. Students of Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Science, Quantity Surveying, Project management and Business Commerce are invited to apply.
Shoprite Group of Companies offers about 1200 bursaries per year to deserving candidates. They also offer a development opportunity to unemployed youth:
Shoprite Retail Readiness Programme (RRP)
- This skills programme provides young people without previous work experience, with the basic skills to work in a retail environment.
- The programme comprises of five weeks of practical training and two weeks theory.
- Successful participants receive NQF level 3 qualifications upon completion of the programme.
- South African youth between 18 and 34 years with no previous work experience can apply.
- Must have a South African Matric or an equivalent qualification.
- To apply:
- Send a WhatsApp to 087 240 5709 and select Job Opportunities
- Submit your CV at the nearest Shoprite, Checkers, or Usave supermarkets
Stefanutti Stocks Bursaries
Do you love construction, buildings, architecture and all things modern? Would you love to become part of a dynamic company? Stefanutti Stocks delivers impeccable contracting solutions, along with fulfilling construction desires.
South African Airways Technical Apprenticeship Programme
To operate a fully functional maintenance division requires highly skilled technicians. South African Airways apprenticeship Technical Training has recognised this need, and in order to meet the high and exacting standards, has established Apprentice training programmes for eleven trade disciplines.
SAA Enquiries and applications can be addressed to:
Recruitment and Selection
South African Airways Technical
Private Bag X12,
OR Tambo International Airport, 1627
Tel: (011) 978 3912 and 978 3935.
Nelly Kewana/ Livhuwani Nekhumbe
Fax: 011 978 1108 or 086 726 1631
South African Airways Maintenance and Regulatory Training
Transnet Bursary Scheme for Full-time undergraduate bursaries
Full-time bursaries are awarded annually according to the employment needs of the company. All our full-time students are viewed as potential employees – depending on vacancies being available after successfully completing their qualifications.
Transnet Bursary Value
The comprehensive bursary covers the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals
- Book Allowance
- Experiential training
Students can study at a South African University of their own choice.
Transnet Bursary Selection Process
After the screening of applications by the Transnet Bursary Department, candidates – based on academic performance on secondary or tertiary level – will be invited to be interviewed. The interviews will take place in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Durban.
The final selection and award is subject to the following:
- Satisfactory academic results
- Medical Fitness
What will Transnet expect from me? (Contractual Obligations)
- Students are required to render one year’s service for every year of financial aid received from Transnet after acquiring the qualification.
- Subjects failed must be repeated at the student’s own cost. Termination of the bursary will be in consultation with the student and the training institution.
- If the student fails to comply with the requirements of the bursary agreement, the bursary becomes payable in terms of the agreement.
- The bursary will be renewed annually if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
Student vacation work at Transnet
Vacation work is available during June/July or December/January holidays. The following information must be supplied:
- Required period
- Preferred location
- Accommodation arrangements are the student’s responsibility and must be paid for by the student with the allowance received.
Transnet Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for University of Technology Students
Transnet provides work integrated to students who have completed an S4 in order to obtain the qualification in line with the requirements set by the training institution.
Volkswagen Bursaries Programme
Volkswagen bursaries are made available to candidates wishing to complete their education to gain qualifications relating to the motor vehicle industry. This bursary program provides financial assistance as well as vacation work to talented candidates.
You can get the bursaries online application form from their website by clicking here: Bursary enquiries (https://vw.graduate.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse.aspx).
All applications must be submitted online. For additional information on their bursary program please go to this webpage (http://www.vw.co.za/en/volkswagen_groupsouthafrica/careers/graduate_traineeprogramme.html). For additional information on all that Volkswagen South Africa has to offer, visit Volkswagen (http://www.vw.co.za).
DWA will require bursars who obtain their qualifications to join the Water Learning Academy on a fixed-term contract with DWA for a period of a maximum of five (5) years but not less than three (3) years. Bursaries for full-time pre and post-graduate studies are granted on an annual basis to learners at South African universities
The National Treasury Department aims to assist candidates in need of financial aid to complete their studies in what they consider to be critical and scarce skills that are needed within the National Treasury Department.
National Treasury Graduate Recruitment: Open NOW!
Please note that applications for the 2023 intake of the Internship Programme are now open. Click here to apply.
Closing date: 09 September 2022
The National Treasury Chartered Accountants Academy Programme 2022
Closing date: 30 September 2022
Adverts Containing Information About Pay
Stipend for Engineering Learnership
- This learnership was advertised in Durban in 2016. A recruiter was looking for 10 Engineering Graduates for a client. Candidates must have completed at least Grade 12 with Math and Science or N3 in engineering. (Other recognised Technical National diplomas were also to be considered). A stipend of R 4,650 pm was offered.
2. From the same recruiter: “Technical learnerships exist with one of our clients for 15 candidates. Must have completed at least Grade 12 with Math and Science or N3 engineering. ( Other recognised Technical National diplomas will also be considered). A stipend of R 5,600 pm is offered.“
3. Carpentry Apprenticeship Programme 2016: Wanted 5 candidates interested in pursuing a career in the construction and finishing carpentry industry. A monthly stipend of R 4,500pm.