Tue, Jun 28, 2022

If you want to ensure that the training provider you are using is legit, you can contact the Quality Assurer that they are supposed to be accredited with.

Here’s a list of contacts that different providers should be registered with or accredited by:

School Education Providers  must be registered with:

  • The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) contact number: 080872222
  • Your provincial Department of Education (links are on the DHET website).
  • UMALUSI: provide them with your provider’s accreditation number and they will verify their status.

Higher Education Qualification Providers must register with:

FET Providers must register with:

Trade and Occupations Providers:

  • The appropriate Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) or the QCTO.
  • Here’s a list of SETAs

Public Rights

It’s your right as a learner or employer to ask any training provider for proof of their registration or accreditation. Ask them for their certificate.

But that’s not enough. You must check the expiry date, SETA accreditation must be renewed every 3 years.

The certificate must show which qualifications or programs they are accredited for.

More posts about legislation and rights

Learnership Disagreements

 Learnership Contract of Employment and Termination

Legislation, Learnerships and Stipend Rules

Dangerous Learnership Hopping

Tags: , , , , ,

Related Article


Tell us what's up!

POLL Fight Income Inequality

Facebook Reviews