The massive list of NQF Level 4 Qualifications. Explore exciting new NQF level 4 courses. These job certificates offer specialist training opportunities to advance your career.
NQF Level 4 Occupational Qualifications: Kickstart Your Career Path
Exciting NQF Level 4 Courses
Further your career and expand your skillset with a nationally recognized occupational qualification.
Quickly Navigate to the Relevant NQF Level 4 Qualification Section
- Abattoir Foreman – Butter Maker NQFL 4 Qualifications
- Carpenter – Dry Mill Operator NQF Level 4 Qualifications
- E-Waste Operations Controller – Furniture Upholsterer NQFL4 Qualifications
- Geological Technician (Marine Mining Geological Technician) – Lubrication Equipment Mechanic NQF Level 4 Qualifications
- Manufacturing Production Process Controller – Muallim NQF Level 4 Qualifications
- Non-Destructive Eddy Current Testing Technician – Pulp Process Controller NQFL 4 Qualifications
- Quality Controller – Survey Interviewer NQF Level 4 Qualifications
- Telecommunication Line Mechanic – Wood Processing Machine Operator NQF Level 4 Qualifications
What are National Qualification Framework Level 4 Job Qualifications?
The QCTO compiles information about registered learnership qualifications.
NQF Level 4 Qualifications: Occupational certificates span diverse industries and sectors.
Job certifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge and expertise you need to excel in your chosen field. Whether you’re looking to enhance your existing skills or embark on a new career path, these qualifications are the perfect way to take your professional development to the next level. With a focus on practical, real-world skills and a curriculum tailored to the needs of each industry, you can be confident that you’re gaining the knowledge and experience you need to succeed in today’s competitive job market.
Specialist NQF Level 4 Qualifications: Studying and Career Pathing
What is a Career Path?
A career path is the sequence of jobs, positions, and roles that a person pursues throughout their professional life.
A career path often involves developing the necessary skills, education, and experience to advance in a particular field or industry. Once you have completed an NQF level 4 qualification, you are eligible to study for an NQF Level 5 qualification.
How to Plan Your Career Path
- Link what you study to a career path. This helps you make informed decisions about your education and training. It will ensure you are developing the skills and experience needed to succeed in your desired career.
- By identifying career goals, you can align your studies with the specific requirements of your chosen field. This will develop a clear understanding of the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to succeed.
- Explore what the scarce or critical skills are and consider studying for those fields or jobs. By increasing your chances of finding employment in high-demand industries, you could find more stable and higher-paying jobs.
- Identifying scarce or critical skills can also help you stay ahead of industry trends and remain relevant in your chosen field. By developing skills in these areas, you can position yourself as an expert in your field, and increase your chances of long-term success and job satisfaction.
NQF Level 4: Occupational Certificates and Learnerships
Alphabetical List of NQF L4 Registered Full & Part Qualifications
Abattoir Foreman-Butter Maker NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|QUALIFICATIONS TITLE||SAQA QUAL ID||NQF LEVEL|
|Aids to Navigation Technician||112825||4|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Certificate Of Conformity Verifier||103272||4|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Compliance Verifier||103276||4|
|Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic||103277||4|
|Aircraft Structures Technician||102498||4|
|Airline Ground Crew||93791||4|
|Ancillary Machine Maintenance Assistant||118103||4|
|Apparel and Related Manufacturing Machine Mechanic||102582||4|
|Armature Winder (Heavy Coil Winder)||99254||4|
|Automotive Engine Fitter||119423||4|
|Automotive Motor Mechanic||97990||4|
|Automotive Sales Advisor||118097||4|
|Auxiliary Fossil Power Plant Operator||103263||4|
|Bank Customer Services Clerk||101710||4|
|Bicycle Special Components Repairer||103094||4|
|Bituminous Binders Tester||112826||4|
|Boat Builder and Repairer (Boat Builder)||94573||4|
|Boat Builder and Repairer (Ship Builder)||97155||4|
Carpenter – Dry Mill Operator NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Carton Manufacturing Machine Minder||101670||4|
|Chemical Laboratory Analyst||101569||4|
|Chemical Plant Operator||102156||4|
|Civil Engineering Aggregates Tester||112808||4|
|Civil Engineering Materials Tester||112805||4|
|Class 3 Inshore Diver||110372||4|
|Class 4 Commercial Scuba Diver||110370||4|
|CNC Milling Machinist||102996||4|
|CNC Turning Machinist||103099||4|
|Coldset Rotary Offset Lithography Printing Technician||101769||4|
|Community Worker (Community Development Worker)||97708||4|
|Condensed Liquid Dairy Products Maker||102916||4|
|Corrugate Board and Container Machine Minder||119644||4|
|Corrugated Board Printing and Finishing Machine Minder||118100||4|
|Credit or Loans Officer||101676||4|
|Design Thinking Innovation Lead||118788||4|
|Design Thinking Practitioner||118705||4|
|Diamond and Gemstone Setter||118092||4|
|Diesel Electrical Fitter||102760||4|
|Dried Dairy Products Maker||102961||4|
|Dry Kiln Operator||118698||4|
|Dry Mill Operator||118109||4|
E-Waste Operations Controller – Furniture Upholsterer NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|E-Waste Operations Controller||119264||4|
|Early Childhood Development Practitioner||97542||4|
|EDM Plunge Operator||103016||4|
|EDM Wire Operator||103017||4|
|Electrical Line Mechanic (Overhead Lines Mechanic)||91781||4|
|Electron Pre-press Screen Technician||119435||4|
|Electronic Pre-press Gravure Technician||102318||4|
|Emergency Service and Rescue Official (Mine Rescue Service Worker)||94042||4|
|Engine Management and Fuel Injection Systems Mechanic||102317||4|
|Engineering Pattern Maker||93623||4|
|Fermented Dairy Products Maker||102917||4|
|Fitter and Turner||94020||4|
|Flammable Gas System Installer||117235||4|
|Food and Beverage Gas System Installer||117232||4|
|Footwear Pattern Grader||118787||4|
|Footwear Pattern Maker and Grader||118786||4|
|Forestry Production and Operations Foreman||119447||4|
|Forestry Production Foreman||119462||4|
|Fresh Dairy Products Maker||102918||4|
|Fuel Pipeline Controller||102560||4|
Geological Technician (Marine Mining Geological Technician) – Lubrication Equipment Mechanic NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Geological Technician (Marine Mining Geological Technician)||99285||4|
|Geological Technician (Surface Mining Geological Technician)||99257||4|
|Geological Technician (Underground Mining Geological Technician)||99260||4|
|Glass Forming Specialist||117227||4|
|Glass Manufacturing Feederman||117228||4|
|Group Fitness Instructor||118691||4|
|Head Saw Doctor||103262||4|
|Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Control Fitter||104620||4|
|Heatset Rotary Offset Lithography Printing Technician||119444||4|
|Heavy Equipment Mechanic||97582||4|
|Hot Water System Installer (Heat Pump Installer)||94620||4|
|Hot Water System Installer (Solar Water Installer)||94619||4|
|Ice Cream Products Maker||102946||4|
|Individual Fitness Instructor||118690||4|
|Industrial Water Plant Operator||102758||4|
|Inert Gas System Installer||117330||4|
|Insurance Claims Administrator (Insurance Claims Assessor)||99668||4|
|Liquid Long Life Dairy Products Maker||103092||4|
|Low Voltage Power Line Construction Practitioner||104790||4|
|Low Voltage Power Line Maintenance Practitioner||104791||4|
|Lubrication Equipment Mechanic||94877||4|
Manufacturing Production Process Controller – Muallim NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Manufacturing Production Process Controller||117327||4|
|Marine Electro-Technical Rating||103260||4|
|Mechanised Soft-Cover Bookbinding Technician||101700||4|
|Medical Gas System Installer||117334||4|
|Medium Voltage Power Line Construction Practitioner||104793||4|
|Medium Voltage Power Line Maintenance Practitioner||104795||4|
|Metal Machinist (Automotive Machinist)||96398||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Casting Process Controller||102160||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Electrolysis Process Controller||102154||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Finishing Process Controller||102153||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Material Preparation Process Controller||102157||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Melting and Refining Process Controller||102159||4|
|Metal Manufacturing Rolling Process Controller||102155||4|
|Metal Mechanist (Automotive Machinist)||96398||4|
|Mine Shift Overseer||119223||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Calcining)||99512||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Materials Handler)||99227||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Materials Preparer – Lump Ore)||99509||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Mineral Processor: Calcining)||99512||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Mineral Processor: Hydrometallurgy)||99486||4|
|Mineral Beneficiation Process Controller (Mineral Processor: Smelting)||99506||4|
|Mining Technician (Mine Planning Practitioner)||98929||4|
|Mining Technician (Mine Ventilation Officer)||98932||4|
|Mining Technician (Mining Sampler: Hardrock)||94870||4|
|Mining Technician (Mining Surveyor)||94876||4|
|Mining Technician (Strata Control Practitioner Underground Hardrock)||94038||4|
|Mining Technician (Strata Control Practitioner: Coal)||94878||4|
|Mining Technician (Strata Control Practitioner: Underground Hardrock)||94038||4|
|Mining Technician: (Mining Surveyor)||94876||4|
|Mining Technician: Strata Control Practitioner (Coal)||94878||4|
|Mobile Refrigeration Fitter||103267||4|
Non-Destructive Eddy Current Testing Technician – Pulp Process Controller NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Non-Destructive Eddy Current Testing Technician||119434||4|
|Non-Destructive Liquid Penetrant Testing Technician||119433||4|
|Non-Destructive Radiographic Testing Operator||119430||4|
|Non-Destructive Radiographic Testing Technician||119429||4|
|Non-Destructive Ultrasonic Testing Technician||119427||4|
|436 Non-Destructive Visual Testing Technician||119426||4|
|Orchard and Vineyard Foreman||110667||4|
|Overhead Electrical Line Mechanic||104787||4|
|Oxidant Gas System Installer||117333||4|
|Packaging Rotary Printing and Re-reeling Flexographic Machine Minder||101708||4|
|Paintless Dent Remover||101873||4|
|Paper Process Controller||118120||4|
|Pattern Making Assistant||115458||4|
|Pharmacist Assistant (Basic) (Part)||112811||4|
|Processed Cheese Maker||103097||4|
|Propeller Workshop Maintenance Mechanic||104799||4|
|Pulp Process Controller||118121||4|
Quality Controller – Survey Interviewer NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Radiation Protection Monitor||110356||4|
|Railway Signalling Fault Finder and Maintainer||119442||4|
|Railway Signalling Maintenance Mechanician||119443||4|
|Railway Track Constructor||119645||4|
|Railway Track Master||119662||4|
|Railway Track Supervisor||119663||4|
|Real Estate Agent||118714||4|
|Refrigeration Control Fitter||103271||4|
|Refrigeration Maintenance and Repair workman||103266||4|
|Ripened Cheese Maker||103129||4|
|Safety Inspector (Forestry and Related Industries Safety Health and Environment Officer)||99712||4|
|Security First Line Manager||118687||4|
|Sewing Machine Maintenance and Repair Technician Assistant||118105||4|
|Sheetfed Lithography Technician||96363||4|
|Small Engine Mechanic||98813||4|
|Social Counselling Support Worker||111143||4|
|Social Security Administrator||112285||4|
|Soils, Gravels, and Crushed Stone Base Material Tester||112828||4|
|Specialised Glazing Solution Installer||118114||4|
|Speciality Gas System Installer||117245||4|
|Steelpan Maker and Tuner||119362||4|
Telecommunication Line Mechanic – Wood Processing Machine Operator NQF Level 4 Qualifications
|Telecommunication Line Mechanic||119461||4|
|Tissue Converter Machine Operator||105019||4|
|Tissue Winder Operator||105020||4|
|Tooling CAD Operator||103091||4|
|Transportation Clerk (Transportation Coordinator)||94025||4|
|Transportation Electrician (Automotive Electrician)||97388||4|
|Tuned Percussion Instrument Maker||119303||4|
|Vehicle Damage Quantifier||99507||4|
|Vehicle Painter (Automobile and Marine Painter)||94182||4|
|Water Reticulation Practitioner||102581||4|
|Weapons Systems Mechanic (Combat Weapons Fitter)||99696||4|
|Wet Mill Operator||118108||4|
|Wood Processing Machine Operator||118106||4|
Interested in any NQFL4 qualifications on this list?
Are these NQFL4 qualifications for you?
The target market for NQFL4 QCTO qualifications includes:
- learners who completed NQF L3 qualifications or have equivalent work experience
- Individuals who are looking to specialize in a particular area of their trade or occupation
- Experienced workers who want to take on leadership or management roles in their field
- Individuals who are looking to start their own business or become self-employed
- Anyone who wants to qualify for NQF L5 qualifications.
The NQF L4 qualifications target individuals who are seeking to acquire advanced-level skills and knowledge in a particular trade or occupation. They are aimed at individuals who have a good understanding of their chosen field and are looking to develop their skills and knowledge further.
Once you have identified which NQF L4 qualifications you wish to pursue, do the following:
- Research the different providers offering the qualification to find one that meets your needs and preferences. Copy the qualification title, ID number and NQFL, then search for it on Google. The search should find the providers advertising this qualification online.
- Enquire about the admission requirements, fees, and duration of the qualification.
- If possible, speak to current or past students of the qualification to get their perspective.
- Consider the practical and financial implications of pursuing the qualification. Also compare what the fees include, such as the costs of assessment and certification.
- Once you have gathered all the information, they can make an informed decision on whether the NQF L3 qualification is right for them and proceed to enrol.
The availability of NQF L4 qualifications may vary depending on your location and the training providers in your area. The QCTO regularly updates its list of accredited qualifications and providers, so it is best to check the QCTO’s website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information.
Other NQF Level Qualification Options
If you have little or no high school education, check out the NQF level 1 and 2 job qualifications. There is a great range and it’s possible you’ll find something you really want to learn and get a professional career started. Age is not a barrier, in fact, it could be a BIG BONUS! If you have experience doing a job that matches the qualification, you may be able to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. You’re never too old to qualify, you’re just too old to give up!
If you have some high school but dropped out before obtaining a Matric, check out the NQFL3 qualifications. If you completed Grade 10 Maths Literacy and two languages, you could push your way onto a Learnership on NQFL3. Take a look at these NQFL5 occupational certificates to see if they fit into your career goals. Perhaps you have your sights set on an NQF L6 qualification.
Beware of Bogus Colleges
To ensure you don’t register with bogus colleges and institutions, please follow these steps:
- Check the accreditation status of the college or institution offering the NQF L4 qualification. The QCTO website lists all accredited colleges and institutions.
- Research the reputation of the college or institution by reading online reviews and speaking to other learners.
- Ensure that the college or institution has a physical address and is easily accessible.
- Check if the college or institution is registered with the relevant regulatory bodies, such as the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
- Ask for a detailed prospectus and course outline to ensure that the qualification meets your needs and expectations.
Avoid tears and take the time to carefully research and select a provider to ensure that the NQF L4 qualification is recognized and meets your career goals. The QCTO’s website and other resources, such as industry associations and professional bodies, can be valuable sources of information when selecting a training provider or higher education institution. By following the steps explained above, you can minimize the risk of enrolling in a bogus college or institution and ensure that you receive a high-quality education and training.