BANKSETA Expands Funding: Scarce Skills. Want a career in the fascinating and complex world of banking? BANKSETA issues funding based on scarce skills. Scarce skills are linked to qualifications. Study for a qualification that allows you to fill positions that are scarce.
BANKSETA Funding: BANKSETA Funds Scarce Skills
Latest BANKSETA Posts
In 2016 BANKSETA only funded 1740 interventions. In 2017 they will fund 3759 interventions.
Included are bursaries for 7 people requiring funding for Industrial and Organisational Psychology
If you’re a potential learner you should know the following:
- Training providers will compete for funding to deliver these programmes.
- Programmes may or may not be available in your province. If they are not, ask about relocation stipends for learners who need to move.
- Ask about being placed on an official database so that your name can be made available to the service providers who are awarded the contracts.
The SETAs have been working with the Quality Council of Trades and Occupations to develop new qualifications. Take a look at some of these new qualifications across different industries:
- NQF. Level 1 and 2 for those with little or no high school and limited if any work experience.
- NQF Level 3 qualifications for those with some high school and little or no work experience.
- Awesome NQF Level 4 qualifications for Matriculants or experienced workers.
The table below indicates the BANKSETA Learning Programme opportunities for 2017
|Learning Programme||Learning Areas||Number of Learner Opportunities||Contact Person|
|Learnerships||Banking Services Advice||573||Elaine Thompson Tel. No. : 011 8059661 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bursaries||Finance Accounting and Auditing||3147|
|Internships||Industrial and Organisational Psychology||7|
|Cadet Graduate Development Programme||5|
|Business Intelligence Analytics||6|
|Information Technology – Systems Development||6|
|Skills Programmes||Credit and Risk Assessments for Bankers||15|
|Work Integrated Learning||0|