How to Successfully Fill New Z83 Form to Apply for Government Jobs.
How to Fill New Z83 Form to Apply for Government Jobs
The Department of Public Services Administration (DPSA) Vacancies are advertised via circulars. Here are vacancies at the Department of Justice and what they pay in 2024.
The Guide: Understanding How to Fill New Z83 Form
1. What is the Purpose of the New Z83 Form?
Form Z83 is an official employment application form for job applicants applying for positions within government departments or public service entities. It gathers essential information from applicants to aid in the selection process. This therefore checks if you met the minimum requirements and qualifications.
2. Completing All Sections of the New Z83 Form:
Form Z83 sections cover personal information, language proficiency, qualifications, work experience, and references. The form also includes a declaration where applicants confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
3. Very Important to Accurately Fill New Z83 Form:
Take note that you must complete Form Z83 accurately and truthfully. When false information is on the form it can lead to disqualification from the application process or dismissal if appointed.
4. Who Uses Form Z83?
Government departments and public service entities use Form Z83 to streamline the application process for advertised job positions. It therefore helps them collect and evaluate your information efficiently.
5. Attachment of CV to Z83 Form:
Although Form Z83 collects basic information, applicants are often required to attach a resume (CV) too. Therefore the CV provides more detailed information about an applicant’s qualifications, work history, and skills.
6. Submission of Form Z83:
Government job applicants submit their completed Form Z83, along with any required attachments, as part of their application. Specifically, note the submission methods and deadlines in the job advertisement.
The information provided on Form Z83 is treated with strict confidentiality and only used for employment-related purposes.
The Contents of Page 1 to Fill New Z83 Form
Since regulations and forms can change over time, always check with the specific government department or organization advertising the job position for the most current version of Form Z83. Also, check for any updated guidelines or requirements. Always follow the instructions provided in the job advertisement when applying.
Z83: WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS NEW Z83 FORM
- To assist a government department in selecting a person for an advertised post.
- Form Z83 identifies candidates for interviews. Note, all applicants cannot be interviewed. As a result, it’s important to fill in the Z83 form completely, accurately, and legibly. This helps process your application fairly.
WHO SHOULD FILL NEW Z83 FORM
- Only persons wishing to apply for an advertised position in a government department.
Z83 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Form Z83 gathers basic information from you. When you are selected for an interview, you may be asked for additional certified information.
SPECIAL NOTES TO FILL NEW Z83 FORM
- Personal details must match those in your ID or passport (passport number for non-South Africans).
- Race and gender information is required for compliance with the Employment Equity Act, 1998.
- Information about criminal convictions or dismissals will only be considered if it directly relates to the position’s requirements.
- Applicants with substantial qualifications or work experience must attach a CV.
A. THE ADVERTISED POST
- Applying for the Position as Advertised: Fill in the job title as per the vacancy advert. Do not change or shorten the job title.
- Department where the position was advertised: Precisely write the government department advertising the vacancy. For example Basic Education.
- Reference number (as stated in the advert): Each government vacancy has a reference number that should be filled in the Z83 form.
- If you are offered the position, when can you start OR how much notice must you serve with your current employer? Add the date or state ‘Immediately.’
B. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- First Names
- Date of Birth: Write your date of birth starting with the day, followed by the month and lastly the year.
- ID number
- Race (African, White, Coloured, Indian)
- Gender (Female, Male)
- Do you have a disability? (Yes, No)
- Are you a South African Citizen? (Yes, No)
- If no, what is your Nationality?
- Do you have a valid work Permit?
- Have you been convicted of a criminal offence or been dismissed from employment? (Yes, No)
- If yes, details may be required.
- If your profession or occupation requires State or official registration, provide the date and particulars of registration.
C. HOW DO WE CONTACT YOU
Include your correct contact details on form Z83. You can add two phone numbers as being contacted by phone is faster and more direct than other forms of communication.
- Preferred language for correspondence: Write one language as your preferred language.
- Telephone number during office hours
- Preferred method for correspondence (Post, E-mail, Fax)
Page 2 of Form Z83
In this section of the Z83 form you provide detailed information about your language proficiency, educational qualifications, work experience, and references. Be accurate and truthful in completing this section because it helps the department assess your qualifications and suitability for the advertised position.
D. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY – state ‘good,’ ‘fair,’ or ‘poor’
- Languages (specified)
- Speak: good, fair or poor?
E. QUALIFICATIONS (ignore if you have attached a CV with these details)
Firstly, begin with the highest qualification to get the attention of the recruiters. Also, list qualifications in order from the highest to the lowest.
- Name of School / Technical College
- Highest qualification obtained
- Year Obtained.
Tertiary education (complete for each qualification you obtained)
- Name of Institution
- Name of Qualification
- Year Obtained
- Useful List of Local Government Qualifications
Current study (institution and qualification)
F. WORK EXPERIENCE (please ignore if you have attached a CV with these details)
- From (MM YY)
- To (MM YY)
- Employer (including current employer)
- Post held
- Reason for Leaving
If you were previously employed in the Public Service, indicate whether any condition exists that prevents your re-employment
- If yes, provide the name of the previous employing department
G. REFERENCES (please ignore if you have attached a CV with these details)
References are important in your job search. The Z83 form allows you to fill in up to three references, therefore fill in all three.
- Relationship to you
- Tel. No. (office hours)
Government Jobs Z83 DECLARATION
Your application should be signed and the date should also be filled. Note that you must initial on the bottom right of the form.
- Job applicants are required to declare that all the information provided (including any attachments) is complete and correct to the best of their knowledge. False information could lead to their application being disqualified or their discharge if they are appointed.
Good luck to you!