Learnership Thank You Letter. Thank the learnership organisers with this letter template. Expressing gratitude can increase your opportunities of being retained by the employer or being placed on another learnership by the training provider.
A Thank You Letter for a Learnership
Had a great experience on a learnership? Say thank you!
If your experience is or was great, it’s highly likely that someone else will decide to study because of your story. Sending learnership organisers a thank you letter will ensure that they understand the value of what they are doing.
Send a Learnership Thank You Letter to Your Former Training Provider and Employer
Say thank you any way you like, the readers won’t even care about a few errors. A thank you letter from the heart will convey everything they need to know about how deep your gratitude is.
Learnership Thank You Letter: The most important rule of ‘Thank You’ is sincerity.
If you get the sincerity rule right you can probably stop reading and just go ahead and get writing right now.
But if the heat is on and you’re hoping to use the Thank You as an opportunity to impress, then keep reading to Keep Climbing! 🙂
The Benefit of Writing a Learnership Thank You Letter
According to Forbes,
“When you express gratitude or offer recognition you should never expect something in return,” says Cataldo. “Otherwise, the gratitude or recognition can come off as forced and inauthentic…If this is ever a concern, always establish your intention, and make sure it’s a genuine one, before giving recognition or expressing gratitude.”
Template 1 Thank the Employer Before the Learnership Ends
Dear [Employer or specific manager]
The learnership is about to end and I wanted to share what the experience has meant to me because it’s been one of the most positive I’ve ever had.
I understand that you offer limited opportunities each year and wanted to let you know how much it means to those of us who get through. As an employee working at [Name of employer organisation], I’ve learnt [that / seen how / been inspired by / been challenged to].
As a learner, the experience taught me about balancing different roles and goals. I’ve enjoyed putting what I learnt into practice and especially enjoyed [describe a meaningful or humourous example].
I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the training that [describe a meaningful benefit you obtained from the learning experience].
Write your own or adapt any of these suggestions to suit you:
- …being challenged regularly and realising that learning was actually very motivating
- …the coaching and mentoring you offered….
- …the feedback from colleagues and assessors who commented on our progress…
Tips to add your Thanks: Learnership Thank You Letter
- Give specific examples. You can write about any one thing or briefly explain a few different learnership aspects that made an impression on you.
- Using humour. If you’re writing about different things – you could make one of them funny. For example: Thanks to you l probably learnt the most valuable career lesson of all, that arriving late on Monday means no muffins at the morning meeting!
- Keep it brief. For professional reasons, you want to impress them with a carefully executed letter.
Makes them say “Stop the Bus! Why are we letting this rock star leave?”
- Link the learning to the professional environment. You want a job or another learnership at a higher level!
- One to 3 sentences is sufficient. You can describe one thing or briefly describe more.
The Closing: Learnership Thank You Letter
Working in an environment such as [Compay Name] is my future goal and I hope to one day apply for a position here.
Thank you once again for the opportunity. The experience and the qualification will empower my future and I’m extremely grateful for the role you played.
Please don’t hesitate to call me if ever you need to recruit a committed individual who understands and appreciates your business.
Template 2 Thank the Training Provider
The training provider is the organisation that issues your certificates and makes more learnership options available in the market. It’s often difficult for learnership providers to find the correct unemployed candidates for organisations. If you are about to end a learnership, it’s useful to tell your training provider that you enjoyed the training. You can use the thank you letter to let them know you’re available for other learnerships.
The learnership is about to end and I wanted to thank you for the training received.
I understand that you offer limited opportunities each year and wanted to let you know how much the experience has meant to me.
Your training made me realise that I enjoy learning and challenging myself to keep improving. I also appreciate the support you offered when [describe a positive experience].
Thanks to your training and my workplace experience, I feel positive about my future and have set a personal development goal to keep growing.
For your records, please find my attached CV, updated with the learnership details. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are recruiting for another learnership in the same field and require a committed, professional candidate.
Tips to thank the training provider: Learnership Thank You Letter
You want to maintain a good relationship with the training provider and facilitators so that they can be added to your networking strategy.
- Use the correct name of the learnership programme in your letter.
- They may want to use the letter in their marketing which means your name will be shared and you can use this to your advantage.
- Provide a specific example so they know you’re not just yanking their chain.
- Give them a story that shows the value of having them on your side.
- Keep it brief and professional, this isn’t Isidingo! 😉
Remember, there is no perfect way to say thank you. The only thing that counts is that you are sincere and making a genuine effort. Good luck and Keep Climbing!
- A Pain Point Cover Letter Attracts Employers
- Best Cover Letters for SETA Learnerships
- Business Administration Learnership cover letter
- Bursary application motivation letter
- Cover Letters for Community Development & Youth Workers
- Cover letter templates for artists and designers
- CV Screening Software
- Learnership application email
- Electrician Cover Letter Templates
- Hospitality Learnership Application Letter
- Learnership resignation letter
- Learnership complaint letter
- Match CV to Job Description
- Millwright Cover Letter Templates
- Nurse Cover Letter & Interview Tips
- Write an RPL Motivation Letter
- SETA Apprenticeships
- The Best Cover Letter Templates
- Tourism Learnership Application