Thursday, May 13, 2021

Advice for youth searching for opportunities.

Want to find a Learnership or Apprenticeship?

Both are occupational training programmes supported by the Department of Higher Education and Training.

If you want to be on a programme, try the following: (easiest option)

1. Contact the HR department at a company you would like to work for.
  2. Ask if they have a learnership / apprenticeship program that you could apply to.
  3. Get the details and make it happen!

Believe it or not, companies have opportunities but are proving to lack the means to reach those people who could benefit. These companies receive BEE points and tax rebates when they create opportunities for your career development. So approach them directly! You have nothing to lose.

Or (warning: this can be a frustrating option)

Contact a SETA

1. Identify two or three qualifications you want to pursue (make an effort)
  2. Contact the relevant SETA (Sectoral Education and Training Authority).
  3. Ask to be put through to the Learnerships department (expect to be on hold for a long time. Don’t use your cell phone unless you have lots of airtime.)
  4. Ask them who’s recruiting for these learnerships. Also remember that SETA websites can be very useful (when they update them.)

When you apply, please write using correct grammar and spelling. You can also contact training companies directly for learnership opportunities.

Important Posts on Finding SETA Learnerships and Apprenticeships

How to Register and Apply for SETA Learnerships via the Department of Labour

Use SETAs to Find Learnership Opportunities

Top 10 sites for Finding Learnerships

Cover Letters for Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Internships

Apply for Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Internships

Tags: , , ,

kegomoditswe June 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

i want 2 be the part of leanership 2 get job

Mmasenya June 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

I am 42years old unemployed disabled female who would like to be part of learnerships to get job,I have ODETDP level 5 ETDP and SAQA recognition certificate.

Xolane June 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

Am in need of a learnership but I have grade 11 and I didn’t pass my Matric.I need help?anyone who want to she/he can email me on Xmawinter@gmail.com

promise mathye June 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

Hi,im currently looking for a learnership I have passed my matric in 2012 with a bachelor and I was doing sciences,im also computer literally and I have a code 10 driving licence.may you please help as soon as possible 083 504 3294

Cross Pollinating Project Nomad June 15, 2018 at 7:48 am

Hi Promise! I post lots of advice for learnership seekers, please click on ‘Find A Learnership’ and you’ll have access to the articles. It’s impossible for us to help each person individually – that’s why we post specific advice and instructions about how to find a learnership. Please keep reading, keep looking and Keep Climbing!

STOP EXPLOITATION