Thu, Dec 9, 2021

Education, Training, and Development (ETD) Learnerships

Learnerships are an example of an integrated skills development intervention aimed at promoting growth in employment and capacity building to address scarce and critical skills shortages in South Africa.

In other words, a learnership qualification can increase your career opportunities as they often target jobs that are difficult to fill (scarce skills).

Learnerships integrate qualifications with work-based experience.

A learner who completes a Learnership will be able to show that they have skills, knowledge, values and attitudes that will make them employable.

Learnership qualifications consists of:

• Fundamental component: Basic educational requirements to take part in a learnership – usually life skills, numeracy and literacy competencies and communication skills
  • Core: The mainframe of the learning programme (what the qualification is to be based on) – the core skills and knowledge required
  • Electives / Specialisations: The specialised areas, or the application of the core skills and knowledge in defined work situations.

ETDP SETA Learnerships

1. Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in ECD NQF Level 4;
2. National Diploma in ECD Practice NQF Level 5;
3. Development Practice NQF Level 5;
4. Youth Development Practice NQF Level 5 and
5. National Diploma in Environment Studies NQF Level 5.

For information about each course and contact details CLICK HERE!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Thandi nene Feb 1, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Your comment goes here. I would like to be informed about learnerships for child and youth care workers, social auxiliary.I’m a people’s person I like working with children I’m also a hard worker,for now I’m volunteering at a nearby non government organization I’m a community care giver.I hope to hear from you soon

Cikizwa Tamela Jul 6, 2017 at 7:09 am

I did ECD and I need learnership

Thulisile Monica Dlamini Jul 6, 2017 at 1:21 pm

hy my name is Thully .i have 6 years in ecd centre .i nee a learnership in youth development or child care leranership

Leonie Hall Jul 7, 2017 at 6:40 am

Hi Thully
    Please follow the instructions in the post and make it happen! 🙂 Good luck!!!

Mokgadi Jul 11, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Hi, I am currently studying a Diploma in Grade R at a private intstitution, and this is my first year, do i qualify for a learnership.

Leonie Hall Jul 11, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Ntombikayise Jul 14, 2017 at 9:51 am

Hi my name is Ntombi i have level 4 ecd and working in a creche for 5yrs, can you pls help me to study level 5 pls.

Leonie Hall Jul 27, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Hi Ntombi
    You would need to find the organisation that you want to train at and apply to them directly.
    Good luck!
    Leonie

Zandile Jul 16, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I’m currently doing my level 4 in education and development ..do I qualify for leadership??

Nomusa Jul 17, 2017 at 11:13 am

I have an aftercare service and a creche and wish to teach youth in lifeskills. How can I benefit from the seats or learnerships?
Nomsa

Cecilia rakoma Jul 19, 2017 at 2:49 pm

where in rustenburg

Engela Aug 16, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Hi madam my name is Engela I have Ecd Level 1 & 4 and I have done with practical in grade R class.I would be happy happy to be part of Learnership

Phumelele Sep 28, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I have level 4 eCD an my problem i have no money to continue with course so pls I need leadership bcos I love work with children please

mofokeng trudy Oct 11, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Your comment goes here.HI my name is trudy i have level 4 in ecd please i need learnership in level 5 please inform me if there are any oppotunities. Thank you

salome maloka Oct 1, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Your comment goes here.lhave ECD level 5 diploma and need learnership for level6pls

Booi maria Oct 24, 2017 at 12:34 pm

I’m interested in this leadership l have educate n6 my number is 0738914178

Charmaine Nov 10, 2017 at 10:51 am

Hi’ I have completed my N6 EDC course, and I want to further my studies on Foundation Phase distance learning course, any possibilities that I can be considered as one of the learners

noziphiwo Nov 10, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Your comment goes here.I want to do a grade R courses I have an abet level4 and grade11.and why does the college say the level4 is grade 7?

Lindiwe Nov 28, 2017 at 11:53 am

Hi my name is Lindiwe I like to study with learnership in ealychild development .I have Grade 12 and work exprience with Grade R at Aftercare. Can you please help me to find the learnership in ealy child development.

Thabile Nov 30, 2017 at 4:19 pm

I want to study for early child development, I need information on how can I apply

Anita Jan 20, 2018 at 5:34 pm

I’m interested in a ecd learnership

Matlou tshephiso Feb 6, 2018 at 9:55 am

I would like to study the grade R course and would like to know more about the lea
nership iv got grade 11.

Leonie Hall Feb 6, 2018 at 7:39 pm

Hi Matlou
    Look for learnerships for NQF L3 qualifications as most NQF L4 learnership providers require a Matric.

Simpiwe Feb 8, 2018 at 11:25 am

Hi , I am doing Education and Development (ECD) this year of 2018 , I want to apply or get a learner ship for 2019 , please any help!.

palesa Mar 8, 2018 at 11:24 am

hi I would like to participate in yhe ecd leanership I was a volunteer fir 3 years @ an NGO I was volunteering as a psychosocial child care worker

so I believe that I have the skills to work with children and I do have other qualifications such as matric (Grade 12).

my number is:061 351 5996

Leonie Hall Mar 8, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Hi Palesa
    Please apply to recruitment adverts that are still valid ok. Always check the details or you’ll be wasting your time. Best of luck!

Sandile Mar 21, 2018 at 12:15 pm

I will be glad if my application is successful.

Sthabile Shelembe Apr 8, 2018 at 2:14 pm

I m looking for NQF level 5 in Early childhood development learnership please help

Zuleiga Apr 12, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I’m looking for a free learnerships

Nhlakanipho sbongokuhle ndlovu Apr 20, 2018 at 12:11 am

Your comment goes here. I will be much glad if my application will be approved for stunding the national diploma in environment studies learnership

Khanyisa Nonkothama Jun 1, 2018 at 2:48 pm

My name is KHANYISA NONKOTHAMA a female of 32 years old ,I was graduated at Rhodes university for level 4 last year November 2017 .I am doing ECD & CDP practitioner so now I am interested for level 5 and I’m at Mount ayliff.I need advice to get leanership.

Thokozile Happiness Mnculwani Jul 11, 2018 at 12:00 pm

I will be glad if my application is successful so that I can study for early childhood development .

Dipuo Matshediso Jul 24, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Hi my name is Dipuo Matshediso I have level 1 certificate ECD….i would love a learnership to complete my levels

Nomfusi Oct 6, 2018 at 9:24 pm

Hi am interested for this learneship plz reply my email nomfusimqhwayo@gmail.com

lebogang Oct 24, 2018 at 11:07 am

Good morning!!
Did u know anything about Boinahatso Elective Training and Enterprise? Cause i register with mentioned above and i pay monthly premium of R660.00.
i want to that BOINAHATSO is part of learnership?

Leonie Hall Nov 11, 2018 at 8:31 am

I’ll email you Lebo.
    Leo

Ongeziwe Nov 2, 2018 at 10:58 am

I am a lady of 24 years old i am interested for this Learnership.I would be glad if my application can be succesfully

Ongeziwe Nov 2, 2018 at 11:05 am

I am interested for this learnership.I would be glad if my application could be approved.

mahlogonolo kenneth nkgoeng Nov 2, 2018 at 3:04 pm

Dear sir/madam

APPLICATION FOR AN INTERNSHIP/IN-SERVICE TRAINING/PRACTICAL/LEARNERSHIP AND VOLUNTARY

I am mahlogonolo Kenneth nkgoeng hereby requesting to be accepted in to the internship/in-service training/ practical /learner ship and voluntary for the year 2018/2019

I am self-motivated with excellent communication; Interpersonal and organisational skill

High moral individual eager to make a challenge and able to set effective priorities to achieve immediate and long term goal

After completing with a national certificate in financial management n6

I am seeking to expand my knowledge and professional skills by securing a position that will help utilise my skills and gain experience to the fullest potential within the field of finance after being offered 18 months of room for improvement my n6 financial management national certificate will be converted into a national diploma as an individual, I am willing to grow and adjust to a fast-paced environment that look at challenge as opportunities to continuously learn and grow therefore , I assume that I can learn to be an asset in your organisation

I am willing to relocate and work for free in order to gain experience and opportunity for advancement

Below this letter I have attaché my document to back up my statement

I will be very glad once my application is taken into consideration

I am looking forward to working with your team

Yorfaithfully

M.K NKGOENG

Ntobeko Nov 7, 2018 at 9:49 am

Hi

I’m interested to this learnership

Merric Nov 26, 2018 at 12:54 pm

I will be very glad once my application is taken into consideration
Yorfaithfully
MERRIC

Khanyisa Nov 27, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Hi my Name is Khanyisa I am interested for this leanership and I need help what can I do to get it i have NQF Level 4 in community development Practitioner and ECD training

Nonhlanhla Jan 29, 2019 at 7:27 am

Please I really need it

Andiswa Feb 11, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Hi I’m interested in this learnership plzzzz

ziphozonke Feb 13, 2019 at 8:37 am

good day

i am interested in part-taking in the ECD learnership. may i please have more information on how to do so.

Bokamoso Jul 19, 2019 at 5:12 am

I am interested in this ECD learnership what to do to reach it

hlengiwenosibusiso ncama Feb 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Hi my name is hlengiwe Ncama I like to a part of ECD training I want to learn more about the child please contact me my contact No is 0735414542

Nonhlanhla Aug 7, 2019 at 8:15 am

Hi my Name is Nonhlanhla i am really interested in this learnership i really love working with kid’s and i really need to bring change in my community.

Thank you.

Nondumiso Matolengwe Sep 21, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Hi name nondumiso i am interested for this learnreship please last
year l was doing ecd level 4 i am unemployed women

Dorah Jan 20, 2020 at 12:33 pm

My name is Dorah Shabalala am looking for a leanership programme in any department am from Lydenburg mpumalanga

Zandile Feb 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Hi my is Zandile SKOSANA, I’m in this leanership, I have done this course online with PLAYSA,I have certificates of it from birth to grade R,so will you please give an opportunity on this leanership.